Part 13 in our ongoing series highlighting the new California laws for 2013.
The California Legislature passed over 800 new laws for California residents and business and this series breaks downs those laws into digestible portions to help keep residents better informed. Readers can stop by and quickly scan a segment of new laws to learn what may impact them. Links to the legislature’s full text of each new law will be also be included.
We invite your feedback to let us know what you think of this series.
California’s New Laws for 2013 – Segment 13
- AB 1747 – Life insurance, nonpayment premium lapse, notice.
- AB 1748 – California Community Colleges, fair market value of leases.
- AB 1750 – Rainwater Capture Act of 2012.
- AB 1751 – Child support, access to information.
- AB 1757 – Family law, adoption.
- AB 1761 – California Health Benefit Exchange.
- AB 1770 – California Transportation Financing Authority.
- AB 1775 – Wage garnishment, exempt earnings. Raises the amount of wages that are exempt from garnishment. New law effective July 1, 2013.
- AB 1776 – State government, Pacific leatherback sea turtle.
- AB 1777 – Disposition of cremated remains.
- AB 1779 – Intercity rail agreements.
- AB 1782 – Weighmasters, exemptions.
- AB 1783 – Public contracts, small business preferences.
- AB 1784 – Mountain lions.
- AB 1793 – Public health, federal funding, public health emergencies.
- AB 1794 – Unemployment insurance, use of employer reports, reporting and payroll, enforcement.
- AB 1797 – Mobile Home Park Purchase Fund.
- AB 1799 – Pupil records, pupil transfers.
- AB 1801 – Land use, fees.
- AB 1803 – Medi-Cal, emergency medical conditions.
- AB 1805 – Military or overseas voters.
- AB 1806 – Veteran interment, veterans’ remains organizations.
- AB 1807 – Family law, child custody.
All of California’s Laws may be accessed via the State Legislature website.