Part 23 in our ongoing series highlighting the new California laws for 2013. This segment includes Human trafficking, infant employment, Professional sports facilities, electronic monitoring and more.
The California Legislature passed over 800 new laws for California residents and business and this series breaks downs those laws into digestible portions to help keep residents better informed. Readers can stop by and quickly scan a segment of new laws to learn what may impact them. Links to the legislature’s full text of each new law will be also be included.
We invite your feedback to let us know what you think of this series.
California’s New Laws for 2013 – Segment 23
- AB 2378 – Rendering, enforcement.
- AB 2383 – Vehicles, confidential records, access by certain public officials.
- AB 2386 – Employment and housing discrimination, sex, breastfeeding. Expands the definition of “sex” under the Fair Employment and Housing Act to include breastfeeding. New law says that if an employer holds it against a female because she breastfeeds or might breastfeed, it is a form of gender or sex discrimination.
- AB 2388 – Santa Clara County Open-Space Authority, authorization to contract.
- AB 2393 – Family law, child support formula.
- AB 2396 – Employment of infants, entertainment industry.
- AB 2399 – Mental health, state hospitals, injury and illness prevention plan.
- AB 2402 – Department of Fish and Game, Fish and Game Commission.
- AB 2405 – Vehicles, high-occupancy toll lanes.
- AB 2406 – Insurance, rates.
- AB 2410 – California Elective Office Felony Conviction Law. Permanently bans elected officials and others from running for elective office in California if they are convicted of a felony involving a violation of the public trust. Read Elective Office Felony Conviction Law for more.
- AB 2433 – San Francisco Bay Area Water Emergency Transportation Authority, terms of board members.
- AB 2435 – Education finance, indirect cost rates.
- AB 2440 – Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority, contracting.
- AB 2443 – Vessels, registration fee, Quagga and Zebra Mussel Infestation Prevention Program.
- AB 2445 – State Capitol.
- AB 2452 – Political Reform Act of 1974, online disclosure.
- AB 2462 – Public postsecondary education, academic credit for prior military academic experience. Requires the Chancellor of the California Community Colleges to determine which courses should be awarded credit for prior military academic experience using standards of the American Council on Education.
- AB 2464 – Professional sports facilities, safety.
- AB 2466 – Human trafficking, seizure of assets.
- AB 2467 – Protective orders, electronic monitoring.
All of California’s Laws may be accessed via the State Legislature website.