Part 27 of new California laws for 2014 includes Deaf and disabled telecommunications, Mountain lions, CalFresh eligibility, Sex offenders, firearms, Workers’ compensation, scenic highways and more.
The California Legislature passes numerous laws each year for California residents and business and this series breaks downs those laws into digestible portions to help keep residents better informed. Readers can stop by and quickly scan a segment of new laws to learn what may impact them. Links to the legislature’s full text of each new law will be also be included.
California’s New Laws for 2014 – Part 27
- SB 0128 Ch. 206 * Community facilities districts: transfer of governance authority.
- SB 0129 Ch. 332 * Deaf and disabled telecommunications program.
- SB 0130 Ch. Witnesses.
- SB 0132 Ch. Mountain lions.
- SB 0134 Ch. CalFresh eligibility.
- SB 0135 Ch. Earthquake early warning system.
- SB 0138 Ch. Confidentiality of medical information.
- SB 0139 Ch. Exchange facilitators.
- SB 0140 Ch. Firearms: prohibited persons. Effective May 01, 2013.
- SB 0141 Ch. Postsecondary education benefits: children of deported or voluntarily departed parents.
- SB 0142 Ch. Public transit.
- SB 0145 Ch. Sex offenders: child pornography.
- SB 0146 Ch. Workers’ compensation: medical treatment: billing.
- SB 0150 Ch. Pupils: concurrent enrollment in secondary school and community college:nonresident tuition exemption.
- SB 0152 Ch. Licensed professionals: engineers:geologists: geophysicists.
- SB 0155 Ch. Vehicles: motor vehicle manufacturers and distributors.
- SB 0159 Ch. Public cemetery districts: Kern River Valley Cemetery District.
- SB 0161 Ch. Stop-loss insurance coverage.
- SB 0162 Ch. Prisoners: temporary removal.
- SB 0168 Ch. Farm labor contractors: successors: wages and penalties.
- SB 0169 Ch. State highways: scenic highways.
(Laws marked with an * went into effect prior to 2014.)
Miss a Segment?
Follow the entire series online at New California Laws for 2014