Part 34 in the series of new California laws for 2014 includes sentencing, gambling, pos systems, tax preparers, health care providers and more.
The California Legislature passes numerous laws each year for California residents and business and this series breaks downs those laws into digestible portions to help keep residents better informed. Readers can stop by and quickly scan a segment of new laws to learn what may impact them. Links to the legislature’s full text of each new law will be also be included.
California’s New Laws for 2014 – Part 34
- SB 0463 Ch. 508 Sentencing.
- SB 0465 Ch. 429 Packaging and labeling: containers: slack fill.
- SB 0468 Ch. 683 Developmental services: statewide Self-Determination Program.
- SB 0470 Ch. 659 Community development: economic opportunity.
- SB 0472 Ch. 760 Gaming: licenses.
- SB 0476 Ch. 347 Insurance: special assessments.
- SB 0482 Ch. 166 Point-of-sale systems.
- SB 0483 Ch. 419 Hazardous materials: business and area plans.
- SB 0484 Ch. 660 Tax preparers.
- SB 0485 Ch. 518 Weighmasters: junk dealers and recyclers.
- SB 0488 Ch. 89 Substandard housing: regulations.
- SB 0490 Ch. 482 Early Assessment Program: common core academic content standards.
- SB 0493 Ch. 469 Pharmacy practice.
- SB 0494 Ch. 684 Health care providers.
- SB 0496 Ch. 781 Improper governmental activity: disclosure: protection.
- SB 0504 Ch. 254 Fruit, nut, and vegetable standards: civil penalties.
- SB 0509 Ch. 10 * Health Benefit Exchange:background checks.
- SB 0510 Ch. 373 Land use: subdivisions: rental mobilehome park conversion.
- SB 0513 Ch. 798 Diversion programs: sealed records.
(Laws marked with an * went into effect prior to 2014.)
Miss a Segment?
Follow the entire series online at New California Laws for 2014