Part 35 in the series of new California laws for 2014 includes criminal rehabilitation, mobile dentists, petty theft, violence awareness, sentencing, high speed rail, hemp production and more.
The California Legislature passes numerous laws each year for California residents and business and this series breaks downs those laws into digestible portions to help keep residents better informed. Readers can stop by and quickly scan a segment of new laws to learn what may impact them. Links to the legislature’s full text of each new law will be also be included.
California’s New Laws for 2014 – Part 35
- SB 0463 Ch. 508 Sentencing.
- SB 0514 Ch. 59 Crimes.
- SB 0522 Ch. 494 Foster Family Home and Small Family Home Insurance Fund.
- SB 0527 Ch. 66 Workers’ compensation: public employees: leaves of absence.
- SB 0528 Ch. 338 Dependents: care and treatment: minor parents and nonminor dependent parents.
- SB 0530 Ch. 721 Criminal offenders: rehabilitation.
- SB 0534 Ch. 722 Health and care facilities.
- SB 0537 Ch. 334 Business and finance.
- SB 0538 Ch. 335 The Corporate Securities Law of 1968.
- SB 0543 Ch. 782 Petty theft: enhancements for prior convictions.
- SB 0546 Ch. 90 Education employment: termination:hearing.
- SB 0551 Ch. 176 Renewal and execution of judgments:judgment debtor.
- SB 0552 Ch. 497 Pupil instruction: violence awareness.
- SB 0553 Ch. 215 Local government: assessment: elections procedures.
- SB 0555 Ch. 685 Developmental services: regional centers:individual program plans and individualized family service plans.
- SB 0557 Ch. 216 High-speed rail.
- SB 0558 Ch. 519 Lieu Reporters’ shield law.
- SB 0562 Ch. 624 Dentists: mobile or portable dental units.
- SB 0563 Ch. 470 Office of Statewide Health Planning and Development: hospital construction.
- SB 0566 Ch. 398 Industrial hemp.
- SB 0568 Ch. 336 Privacy: Internet: minors. Selected or all provisions operative January 1, 2015.
(Laws marked with an * went into effect prior to 2014.)
Miss a Segment?
Follow the entire series online at New California Laws for 2014