Part 39 in the series of new California laws for 2014 includes search warrants, health care coverage, controlled substances, veterans, horse racing and more.
The California Legislature passes numerous laws each year for California residents and business and this series breaks downs those laws into digestible portions to help keep residents better informed. Readers can stop by and quickly scan a segment of new laws to learn what may impact them. Links to the legislature’s full text of each new law will be also be included.
California’s New Laws for 2014 – Part 39
- SB 0717 Ch. 317 Search warrants: driving under the influence.
- SB 0789 Ch. 221 Vehicles: special interest license plates: California Arts Council.
- SB 0800 Ch. 448 Health care coverage programs:transition.
- SB 0801 Ch. 281 Department of Finance: reports: crimes.
- SB 0806 Ch. 569 Department of Motor Vehicles: license plate alternatives pilot program.
- SB 0807 Ch. 170 California State University: African American Political and Economic Institute.
- SB 0809 Ch. 400 Controlled substances: reporting.
- SB 0814 Ch. 472 Natural resources: administration.
- SB 0815 Ch. 186 Veterans.
- SB 0816 Ch. 289 Hospice facilities: developmental disabilities: intellectual disability.
- SB 0817 Ch. 152 * California State Lottery: drawings.
- SB 0818 Ch. 337 Alcoholic beverages.
- SB 0819 Ch. 438 * Horse racing: Breeders’ Cup World Championship series: payment of purses.
- SB 0820 Ch. 353 * State government.
- SB 0821 Ch. 473 Healing arts.
- SB 0822 Ch. 319 Professions and vocations.
- SB 0823 Ch. 474 * Professions and vocations: licensure.
- SB 0824 Ch. 177 State Board of Equalization: administration.
- SB 0825 Ch. 607 Government finance.
- SB 0826 Ch. 61 Civil law: omnibus bill.
(Laws marked with an * went into effect prior to 2014.)
Miss a Segment?
Follow the entire series online at New California Laws for 2014