Part 8 in an ongoing series highlighting the new California laws for 2014. This segment includes child abuse reporting, disability income insurance, Solar energy, Cal Works, pesticides, hazardous materials and more.
The California Legislature passes numerous laws each year for California residents and business and this series breaks downs those laws into digestible portions to help keep residents better informed. Readers can stop by and quickly scan a segment of new laws to learn what may impact them. Links to the legislature’s full text of each new law will be also be included.
California’s New Laws for 2014 – Part 8
- AB 0401 Ch. 586 Transportation: design-build: highways.
- AB 0402 Ch. 550 Disability income insurance: mentalillness.
- AB 0404 Ch. 339 Healing arts: behavioral sciences: retiredlicenses.
- AB 0406 Ch. 7 Child abuse reporting.
- AB 0408 Ch. 108 Municipal utility districts: elections.
- AB 0409 Ch. 643 * Political Reform Act of 1974: statements of economic interests:online filing. Effective October 08, 2013.
- AB 0410 Ch. 525 Public employee health benefits:enrollment.
- AB 0413 Ch. 100 Foster care: specialized foster care homes.
- AB 0415 Ch. 612 Solar energy: water heating.
- AB 0417 Ch. 613 Environmental quality: California Environmental Quality Act: bicycle transportation plan.
- AB 0419 Ch. 293 CalWORKs: eligibility.
- AB 0422 Ch. 440 School lunch program applications: health care notice.
- AB 0424 Ch. 484 Pupil instruction: social sciences: State and Federal Constitutions.
- AB 0425 Ch. 587 Pesticides: copper-based antifouling paint:leach rate determination: mitigation measure recommendations.
- AB 0426 Ch. 634 Water: water transfers: water right decrees.
- AB 0428 Ch. 376 Healing arts: marriage and family therapists: clinical social workers:coursework.
- AB 0432 Ch. 264 Horse racing: exchange wagering.
- AB 0433 Ch. 377 Contractors: fire protection systems: fire safety: State Fire Marshal.
- AB 0434 Ch. 38 Preferred shares: rights and preferences distributions.
- AB 0440 Ch. 588 Hazardous materials: releases: local agency cleanup.
- AB 0442 Ch. 735 Employees: wages.
(Laws marked with an * went into effect prior to 2014.)
Miss a Segment?
Follow the entire series online at New California Laws for 2014