Part 9 in an ongoing series highlighting the new California laws for 2014. This segment includes HIV testing, youth sports background checks, high speed rail, pupil assessments, probation for non-violent drug offenses and more.
The California Legislature passes numerous laws each year for California residents and business and this series breaks downs those laws into digestible portions to help keep residents better informed. Readers can stop by and quickly scan a segment of new laws to learn what may impact them. Links to the legislature’s full text of each new law will be also be included.
California’s New Laws for 2014 – Part 9
- AB 0443 Ch. 101 Vehicles: delinquent parking and traffic violations.
- AB 0446 Ch. 589 HIV testing.
- AB 0447 Ch. 327 California State University: student trustees.
- AB 0449 Ch. 232 Elementary and secondary education:certificated school employees: allegation of misconduct: reports to Commission on Teacher Credentialing.
- AB 0451 Ch. 551 Healing arts: therapists and counselors:licensing.
- AB 0457 Ch. 109 Shareholders.
- AB 0460 Ch. 644 Health care coverage: infertility.
- AB 0461 Ch. 110 Alcoholic beverages: licenses.
- AB 0464 Ch. 78 Vital records.
- AB 0465 Ch. 146 Youth sports: criminal background checks.
- AB 0466 Ch. 736 Federal transportation funds.
- AB 0478 Ch. 391 * State employees: memorandum of understanding.Effective September 27, 2013.
- AB 0480 Ch. 421 Service contracts.
- AB 0481 Ch. 132 High-speed rail.
- AB 0482 Ch. 590 California Cultural and Historical Endowment.
- AB 0483 Ch. 552 * Local government: taxes, fees,assessments, and charges: definitions.Effective October 04, 2013.
- AB 0484 Ch. 489 Pupil assessments: Measurement of Academic Performance and Progress (MAPP).
- AB 0490 Ch. 39 Intestate succession: children.
- AB 0491 Ch. 255 Corporations: bylaws: emergency powers.
- AB 0492 Ch. 13 Probation: nonviolent drug offenses.
(Laws marked with an * went into effect prior to 2014.)
Miss a Segment?
Follow the entire series online at New California Laws for 2014