Sacramento News Headlines
- 3 Killed, Alcohol Suspected in Deadly Crash
On October 23, 2014 at approximately 2:24 p.m., an unknown male driver was driving a 2008 Chevrolet Tahoe on Howe Ave north of Burney Way at an unknown speed.
- Grants Aimed at Underage Drinking and Alcohol-Related Crime
The California Alcoholic Beverage Control (ABC) announced that it has awarded several mini-grants to over 20 local law enforcement agencies to help them combat underage drinking, alcohol-related crime and educate ABC licensees
- Extra Life Gaming Marathon to Benefit UC Davis Children's Hospital
Supporters of all ages are using their joy of gaming to raise funds and awareness this month for UC Davis Children's Hospital, a member of Children's Miracle Network
- Michael Marion Appointed to California Student Aid Commission
Michael Marion, Executive Director and Associate Vice Provost of Drexel University Sacramento, was recently appointed to the California Student Aid Commission
- Jeep Grand Cherokee: More Refined Than Ever
A 2014 "refreshening" has given the Grand Cherokee a more modern, sophisticated look that will have admirers giving it the double take.
- Driver Killed On Impact in Highway Collision
On October 20, 2014 at approximately 5:45 a.m., an unknown male driver was driving a 1996 Toyota Camry northbound on SR-99 north of Elverta Rd.
- Sacramento Gas Prices Dip Again
Average retail gasoline prices in Sacramento have fallen 7.7 cents per gallon in the past week, averaging $3.41/g yesterday, according
- 2 Arrested for Ambassador Drive Murder
Kavon William Cry, 18, and Omar Lee Talley, 19, were apprehended and booked into the Sacramento County Main Jail for a charge of murder, resulting from the incident.
- Tech & Start-Ups Development Events in Sacramento
LCS Technologies, Inc,will be leading two professional development events this week to support Sacramento's technology, start-up, and business communities.
- Shooting on Ambassador Drive Leaves One Dead
ancho Cordova Police Officers responded to multiple calls reporting shots fired in the 10700 block of Ambassador Drive. When Officers arrived, they found a male in his mid-20's
- $1.5 Million Grant to Help Combat Underage Drinking
The California Alcoholic Beverage Control (ABC) today announced that it has been awarded a $1.5 million grant that will help fund operations for a number of departmental programs that combat underage drinking
- John Wick starring Keanu Reeves at IMAX
John Wick: The IMAX Experience, the stylized action film from Summit Entertainment, a Lionsgate (NYSE:LGF) company, will open at The Esquire IMAX Theatre on Oct. 23
- Deadly Hit and Run Suspect Captured
An arrest warrant was obtained for Joseph Yakshin and he was arrested on multiple felony charges relating to a fatal hit and run in September.
- 3 Nights of Trick-or-Treating and Family Fun
Families can enjoy three nights of fun and trick-or-treating at the storybook park on October 24, 25 and 26 from 5 to 9 p.m.
- Dementia: There Is Life After Diagnosis
This wasn't how Robert Bowles wanted to spend his retirement years.
- BOOtastic Kids' Health Fair October 25th
Sacramento area kids won't get tricked, but they will get treated to a dose of health and wellness at the BOOtastic Kids' Health Fair on Oct. 25 from 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Environmental Review to Start on Connector Expressway
The Capital SouthEast Connector Joint Powers Authority has released a request for proposals for preliminary engineering and environmental review on a 5.3-mile section of the roadway
- $1.7 Million to Study Novel Cancer Treatment
$1.7 Million research Grant targets sarcoma, breast and pancreatic cancers treatments.
- Rock & Gem Show in Placerville October 18- 19
Celebrate the 31th Annual Rock & Gem Show on October 18 & 19, at the El Dorado County Fairgrounds, 100 Placerville Drive
- 17 Scholarships Awarded by JB Brown Fund
USA Properties Fund and LifeSTEPS established nonprofit to help low-income residents achieve their dreams
- Gas Prices Down Again
Average retail gasoline prices in Sacramento have fallen 4.9 cents per gallon in the past week, averaging $3.51/g yesterday, according to GasBuddy's daily survey of 720
- 28 Years in Prison: Man Freed from Wrongful Conviction
Roeling Adams walked out of San Quentin State Prison a free man after he spent 28 years in prison for a crime he did not commit
- Disabled Veterans Legislation Signed by Governor Brown
Legislation sponsored by George Runner to protect California's disabled veterans has become law. Senate Bill 1113, authored by Senator Steve Knight (R-Antelope Valley), passed the Legislature with unanimous
- 2 Killed in Accident on Grant Line Road
At 1:30PM on October 11, 2014, an automobile collision occurred on Grant Line Road at Raymer Way, when a blue Chevy truck making a U-turn was struck by a white Jeep Cherokee
- Boles Fire Suspect Arrested
Ronald Beau Marshall, 24, of Weed, CA has been arrested on arson charges in connection with the Boles Fire.
- Executive Officer Appointed to Council on Mentally Ill Offenders
Kirsten Barlow, 38, of Sacramento, has been appointed executive officer of the Council on Mentally Ill Offenders
- Volkswagen Passat a Stylish, Roomy Sedan
The Passat is a polished sedan that remains unchanged overall - it features many enviable qualities. A nice bargain when choosing the base model, but note that he more upscale models
- Scared Out of Your Wits Haunted House
You will be scared out of your wits for a good cause this October as the Heartstoppers Haunted House returns to the former Mine Shaft venue at 2300 Mine Shaft Lane.
- Free Mammograms for Uninsured Women in Sacramento Region
In honor of National Breast Cancer Awareness Month, 10 Sutter Imaging locations in the greater Sacramento region are offering free mammograms to uninsured women
- LinkedIn HangIn October 16th in Sacramento
Titled, "LinkedIn HangIn: Using LinkedIn to Showcase Your Thought Leadership and Become a Brand Ambassador for Your Company
- Lowest Gas Prices in Sacramento?
Are you getting the best deal on gas prices? As prices drop, find the lowest price in Sacramento.
- Free Flu Shots in Sacramento 2014
The Sacramento County Immunization Assistance Program is hosting Adult and Family Flu Clinics in October and November.
- Kia K900 Joins Luxury Sedan Crowd
Kia continues to expand its brand, offering a large luxury sedan for 2015. The K900 is the "next logical step," according to the South Korean auto manufacturer.
- National Fire Prevention Week October 5 - 11
Working smoke alarms can make a life-saving difference in a fire. That's the message behind this year's Fire Prevention Week campaign
- Governor Brown Signs New Gun Violence Restraining Order
California Governor Jerry Brown recently signed into law the "Gun Violence Restraining Order (AB 1014)" that will allow family members or law enforcement to petition a court to remove firearms
- 23 Year Old Arrested in Attempted Murder of Elderly Man
Colby Levitz, 23, was arrested and booked into the Sacramento County Main Jail on charges of aggravated mayhem, attempted homicide and outstanding warrants
- Woman Arrested for Felony in Fatal Hit and Run
Madhu Lata Singh has been booked into the Sacramento County Main Jail on a felony hit and run charge and is currently being held on $75,000 bail.
- Woman Killed in Hit and Run on Fite Circle
Officers determined the female, believed to be in her 60's, had been the victim of a hit-and-run driver while she was walking to work.
- New Behavioral Health Center of Excellence at UC Davis
UC Davis Health System officials and California Senate leader Darrell Steinberg today announced the founding of a unique academic research center designed to improve mental health in California
- Folsom's Johnny Cash Trail & Overcrossing Opening
Folsom's Johnny Cash Trail & Overcrossing will open this Saturday with special guest guest Roseanne Cash.