Sacramento News Headlines
- New California Laws for 2016 (Part 31)
New California laws for 2016. Part 31 includes youth offenders, sales a use tax agreements, charitable raffles, water loss management, privacy breaches, employees time off and more
- Real Estate Watch: 2016 Housing Market Update
Sacramento Realtor, Julie Jalone, of MagnumOne Realty in Roseville writes about the housing market performance predictions presented by the chief economist of the National Association of Realtors at a recent conference.
- Your Health: Not Getting Blood Tests
It is extremely unfortunate that most patients will not even think of going to a doctor until they have symptoms, which can have dire consequences
- Sutter Medical Center Foundation New Board Members
Sutter Medical Center Foundation has announced the addition of six new community members to its Board of Trustees.
- New California Laws for 2016 (Part 30)
New California laws for 2016. Part 30 includes child abuse reporting, hazardous waste, elections, wage garnishments, sexually violent predators, court records and more.
- Deadpool coming to IMAX on February 11
Sacramento, Calif. - Deadpool: The IMAX Experience opens at 7 p.m. on February 11 at The Esquire IMAX Theatre
- SACOG awards $433,000 to the City of Sacramento
The Sacramento Area Council of Governments (SACOG) presented the City of Sacramento with a ceremonial check for a $433,000 grant award.
- Magic Fusion in South Lake Tahoe
South Lake Tahoe, CA - Magic Fusion, the nightly production show inside The Loft Theatre in the Heavenly Village features award-winning magicians from around the world
- New California Laws for 2016 (Part 29)
New California laws for 2016. Part 29 includes aliens, crimes, public transit, public schools, alcoholic beverages, nurses and more.
- Scion FR-S: An Admirable Sports Car
The all-new Scion iA, a subcompact with some enviable qualities to go with its fairly conventional appearance
- Going Down: Sacramento Gas Prices Drop
Average retail gasoline prices in Sacramento have fallen 10.0 cents per gallon in the past week, averaging $2.31/g yesterday, according to GasBuddy's daily survey
- New California Laws for 2016 (Part 28)
Sacramento, CA- New California laws for 2016. Part 28 includes CA Fair Pay Act, attorney's fees, drinking water, unlawful business practices, health care, failure to appear in court and more.
- Sacramento Reading Habits: Most Popular Library Books
Sacramento residents checked out millions of books in 2015. Here's the list of some of the most popular book selections.
- E-Cites: Police Citations in the Digital Age
The Sacramento Police Department continues to be innovative with the use of technology in an effort to police the communities more efficiently.
- New California Laws for 2016 (Part 27)
New California laws for 2016. Part 27 includes pawnbrokers, destruction of marijuana, restraining orders, landlords, inmates, elder abuse and more.
- What is the Real Cost of a Fixer-Upper House?
Sacramento area Realtor, Julie Jalone of MagnumOne Realty in Roseville provides buyers who are looking for fixer-upper houses seven suggestions to make sure they don't end up with a financial nightmare.
- Children's Chorale & Youth Chamber Orchestra in Sacramento
The Sacramento Community Concert Association will present the Folsom Lake College Youth Chamber Orchestra and The Davis Children's Chorale on January 31
- 1 Killed in Two Car Accident on Fair Oaks Boulevard
On January 22, 2016 at approximately 7:32 p.m., Javaris J. James (23) of San Martin was driving a 2003 Mitsubishi Diamante westbound Fair Oaks. Blvd
- Priciest Bus Fare in US Proposed for Sacramento?
Eye on Sacramento (EOS) announced that its analysis of survey data of fares charged by transit systems throughout the U.S. and Canada shows that the 20 percent fare hike
- New California Laws for 2016 (Part 26)
Part 26 of New California laws for 2016 includes School accountability, Small dollar loans, Climate change adaptation, School security, vaccinations, prescription drugs and more.
- Career and Resource Fair for High Risk Students
The transition from high school to the real world can be difficult and stressful for many students. It can be especially challenging for those young people
- Theater Critic Becomes Disability Booster
What young Joshua had would have concerned any mother. What arose from their experience has benefited many people with disabilities.
- New California Laws for 2016 (Part 25)
New California laws for 2016. Today includes part 25 in our daily series
- Monster Jam Roars Back Into Sacramento
The widely popular Monster Jam tour is heading back to Sacramento's Sleep Train Arena from Friday January 29 through Sunday January 31, 2016
- SACOG Swears in New Board Leadership
SACRAMENTO - The Sacramento Area Council of Governments (SACOG) Board of Directors swore in City of Roseville Vice Mayor Susan Rohan as the 2016 SACOG Board Chair
- Young Adult Bereavement Art Group Begins February 9th
The UC Davis Hospice Program and UC Davis Children's Hospital Bereavement Program will offer an eight-week Young Adult Bereavement Art Group
- Felony Charges after 13 Year Old Pedestrian Struck
On January 19, 2016 at approximately 7:40 p.m. a California Highway Patrol (CHP) sergeant attempted to make an enforcement stop on a silver Cadillac in Antelope
- New California Laws for 2016 (Part 24)
Roseville, CA - New California laws for 2016. Today includes part 24 in our daily series. This segment includes developmental services, water, health care, income tax, school district reorganizations and more.
- Scion FR-S: An Admirable Sports Car
The Scion FR-S is a sports car with many enviable qualities, the most obvious being it's attractive and fun to drive.
- New California Laws for 2016 (Part 23)
New California laws for 2016, part 23 in a daily series. This segment includes health care coverage, peace officer training, Medi-Cal, income taxes, automated license plate recognition systems, groundwater and more.
- Carmichael Assault Upgraded to Homicide
At approximately 9:35 p.m. on January 13, 2016, the Sacramento Metro Fire Department responded to a medical call in the area of Fair Oaks Boulevard and Grant Avenue in Carmichael.
- New California Laws for 2016 (Part 22)
New California laws for 2016, part 22 in a daily series. This segment includes disability access, elections, educational equity, privacy, State Water Resources Board, end of life and more.
- Sacramento Man Indicted for Terrorism Offense
A Sacramento grand jury returned an indictment charging Aws Mohammed Younis Al-Jayab, 23, of Sacramento, with one count of making a false statement involving international terrorism
- Motorcycle Accident Survivor Reaching Out
In mid-summer 1970, Don Bania had just graduated from high school and was working at his father's service station in downtown Minneapolis. Bania decided one day to put on his motorcycle helmet and
- 55 Year Old Arrested for Killing Mother
A little after 7:00 p.m. on January 16, 2016, the Sheriff's department received a 911 call regarding an assault that occurred inside a residence in the 3500 block of Mulholland Way in Sacramento.
- 3 Tips for Spring Home Buying
Sacramento area Realtor, Julie Jalone of MagnumOne Realty in Roseville, gives three tips for buyers to consider if they are going to buy a home this spring.
- New California Laws for 2016 (Part 21)
New California laws for 2016, part 21 in a daily series. This segment includes mental health, energy conservation restrictions, driver's licensees, forensic testing, insurance, employer liability and more.
- Walmart to Shutter 269 Stores, Thousands Impacted
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. today announced plans to close 269 stores in the U.S. and globally.
- New California Laws for 2016 (Part 20)
New California laws for 2016, part 20 in a daily series. This segment includes criminal procedure, medical records, special education, criminal penalties, veterans, family law and more.
- 2016 Kia Optima: Positive Additions and Improved Quality
Although the Kia Optima went through a redesign this year, don't look for a major exterior metamorphosis.