Sacramento News Headlines
- Relief at the Pump: Sacramento Gas Prices Dropping
Average retail gasoline prices in Sacramento have fallen 12.6 cents per gallon in the past week, averaging
- 30 Year Prison Sentence for Gun Battle with Police
Brent Douglas Cole, 61, was sentenced to 29 years and seven months in prison for an assault on law enforcement officers
- California Fire Updates Summary (8-29-15)
Although 6,300 firefighters remain on the lines battling 13 active wildfires, crews made significant progress over the past couple of days.
- Toyota Highlander continues to shine as midsize SUV
The Toyota Highlander is a three-row, family-friendly midsize crossover offered in four trim models and a hybrid version.
- Retired Navy Captain Assists Returning Vets
Tom Mayhew was only 6 when he watched his father march his mother down the hall of their El Paso, Texas, home with a rifle pointed at her back.
- California Fire Update Summary (8-28-15)
Over 7,700 firefighters are battling 15 active wildfires across California. A Red Flag Warning has been issued for Saturday from the Lake Tahoe region south through Mono County.
- Armed Robbery at Market on El Camino Avenue
Sacramento County Sheriff Robbery Detectives are seeking the public's help in identifying the male suspects in an armed robbery at a food and gas market
- Gold Rush Days in Old Sacramento September 4-7
OLD SACRAMENTO, Calif. - Mark your calendar...it's time to turn back the clock to the 1850s when Gold Rush Days RETURNS to Old Sacramento over the extended Labor Day Weekend
- William Jessup University Gala to be held in Sacramento
William Jessup University will honor four esteemed alumni who are excelling in their respective fields of endeavor at its annual Jessup Gala, which takes place Sunday, October 4 at the Hyatt Regency in Sacramento
- Sacramento Play Summit on September 12th
The third annual Sacramento Play Summit on Saturday, Sept. 12, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Tsakopolous Library Galleria in Downtown Sacramento.
- Circus at Sleep Train Arena in Sacramento September 17- 20
Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Presents Circus XTREME in Sacramento this September
- IBank's CLEEN Center Financing Criteria Guidelines Approved
Sacramento - California Infrastructure and Economic Development Bank (IBank) Board of Directors unanimously approved guidelines to select and underwrite projects for financing under
- Hundreds Apply for $75 Million in California Competes Tax Credits
GO-Biz Receives 341 Applications from Businesses Seeking $75 Million Available for California Competes Tax Credit
- Update on Fatal Accident on Alta Arden Expressway
On August 26, 2105, the female juvenile passenger from the Chrysler succumbed to her injuries at UC Davis Medical Center.
- Recovery Happens State Rally in Sacramento September 2nd
Substance use disorders and the societal benefits of recovery for Californians are to be commended, according to Governor Brown and Senator Richard Pan
- Raley's New Store in Arden to Break Ground in 2016
Raley's Family of Fine Stores is announcing a new location in Arden, an established Sacramento neighborhood
- California Fire Update Summary (8-27-15)
Over 9,000 firefighters are battling 16 active wildfires across California. Warmer weather over the past couple of days has hampered containment efforts, although firefighters
- California Water Use Drops over 31 Percent in July
SACRAMENTO - Despite continued hot conditions, Californians surpassed June's conservation rate and reduced water use by 31.3 percent during July, exceeding
- Man Dies Following Gunshot Wound to Leg
56-year-old Duong Chung has died following a gunshot wound to the leg. An investigation into the circumstances surrounding the shooting are currently underway.
- Video: Assault Suspects Sought by Police
The Sacramento Police Department is asking the community for help with information regarding an assault that occurred near the 1500 block of 16th Street
- El Dorado Winery Association Event Helps Local Food Bank
EDWA donated nearly $3,000 to the Food Bank of El Dorado County from a portion of the tickets sales generated by their 24th Annual Passport Event
- California Fire Update Summary (8-24-15)
Over 11,300 firefighters are battling 16 active wildfires across California.
- Mitsubishi Outlander: Affordable and Rising in Status
Are you confined to a strict budget, yet still in need of a vehicle that can transport seven people? One solution is the Mitsubishi Outlander.
- Sacramento Gas Prices Higher than Placer County
Sacramento, CA - Average retail gasoline prices in Sacramento have fallen 8.8 cents per gallon in the past week, averaging $3.12/g yesterday
- 1 Killed, Several Seriously Injured in Multiple Vehicle Collision
One person has been killed and several sent to local hospitals with serious injures following a collision on Alta Arden Expressway.
- California Climate Change Symposium Sold Out, Webcast Available
Due to tremendous public demand for tickets to listen to presentations by the state's leading climate scientists, the Symposium's organizers have agreed to webcast the event live
- Body Found in Deer Creek: Death Suspicious
Sacramento County Sheriff Homicide Detectives are investigating a suspicious death after responding to a report of a body found floating in Deer Creek off Kiefer Boulevard.
- The Transporter Refueled Coming to IMAX
The Transporter Refueled: The IMAX Experience opens September 3 at the Esquire IMAX Theatre at 7 p.m.
- Officer Providing Cover Shot At By Another Police Officer
The dispatched officer fired one shot from his duty weapon at the subject that turned out to be a second uniformed officer who was responding to provide cover
- Free Event at Bayside Church for People With Special Needs
Joni and Friends Sacramento to Hold Free Event at Bayside Church for People With Special Needs
- Bogle Vineyards Presents Friday Alfresco
Enjoy wine, music and fun at this family friendly event for a great cause this Friday as Bogle Vineyards Presents Friday Alfresco.
- Fatal Collision on I-80 Following Assist of Disabled Motorist
On August 19, 2015, at 2:32 a.m., a 44 year old male driver was driving a 2010 Toyota Prius, eastbound on I-80, west of Norwood Ave
- California Fire Update Summary (8-17-15)
Over 13,000 firefighters are battling 19 active wildfires across California. After today, temperatures will decrease back to a more seasonable normal level.
- Dogs to Detect Cancer offers Non-Invasive Approach
UC Davis clinicians are hoping to greatly advance cancer screenings with the innate olfactory skills of man's best friend.
- Brutal Attack on Dog: Suspect Jailed
Marquayous Hill, 19, was booked into the Sacramento County Main Jail yesterday on a felony charge of animal cruelty
- Sacramento County Teachers of the Year 2016 Announced
Sacramento County Teachers of the Year 2016. Jennifer Ruby at Bell Avenue Elementary and Stephanie Smith at at Oak Ridge Elementary.
- California Fires Update Summary (8.16.15)
Over 14,000 firefighters are battling 18 active wildfires across California
- Crash Leaves 1 Dead, 1 Injured
At approximately 10:45 a.m. yesterday, a vehicle accident occurred at the intersection of White Rock Road and Luyung Drive. The collision took place
- Self Defense Suspected in Mysterious Death Investigation
Sheriff's Homicide detectives have concluded their investigation into the death of a man in North Highlands last Sunday, August 9, 2015
- Jurassic World returning to IMAX in Sacramento
Jurassic World: An IMAX 3D Experience re-opens for one week only at the Esquire IMAX Theatre on August 28