Sacramento News Headlines
- Emergency Fishing Closure on Sacramento River Begins
Fish and Game Commission Approves Emergency Fishing Closure on Part of Upper Sacramento River
- Oil Prices and Refineries Push Gas Up
Oil prices are up, refineries are troubled and consumers are paying at the pump. California residents are among the hardest hit.
- Man Killed in Shooting on Lampasas Avenue
On Sunday, April 26, 2015, at approximately 2:58 p.m., officers responded to the 700 block of Lampasas Avenue regarding a report of an assault and shots fired
- Prostate Cancer: Survival Rates Grim for this Group
Since the prostate specific antigen (PSA) test was introduced in the late 1980s, prostate cancer mortality has dropped by more than 40 percent
- Woman Shot: Standoff and Arrest on Madison Avenue
Jeremiah Hankins, 35, has been transported to the Sacramento County Main Jail where he has been booked on five felony charges including attempt murder, assault with a deadly
- Fatal Shooting on Cookingham Way Under Investigation
The Sacramento Police Department received a report of a male adult suffering from a gunshot wound, near the 200 block of Cookingham Way.
- 4 Rules For Hiring & Retaining Your Best Employees
Exorbitant student loans constitute just one reason why young people eager to experience the world may want to reconsider college, says Ed Basler, a veteran entrepreneur.
- Cap to Cap Updates
On Wednesday, April 22nd, more than 320 civic, business and government leaders from the Sacramento region had the unique opportunity to hear Congressional representatives discuss
- ADHD and Nonverbal Learning Disorder
He has ADHD, but most of his problems are with his Nonverbal Learning Disorder
- Free Start Smart Class for New Drivers in North Sac
The CHP's Start Smart program is a driver safety education class which targets new and future licensed teenage drivers between the age of 15 -19 and their parents/guardians.
- Farms, Friends and Fairytales May 16th
Fairytale Town's friendly barnyard animals will take center stage at the storybook park's eighth annual Farms, Friends and Fairytales program on Saturday, May 16
- 28 Year Old Arrested in Watt Avenue Murder
Juan V. Avalos, 28, of Sacramento, has been arrested and booked into the Sacramento County Main Jail on a charge of murder
- Honda Civic: A Very Smart Buy
Much like its bigger brother - the Accord - the Honda Civic is no longer undisputed king of the hill.
- Kia Sedona Minivan Delivers More in Redesigned Version
Kia redesigned its minivan and didn't hesitate to make some significant changes. Borrowing a time-honored line when it comes to remodeling, the 2015 Kia Sedona arrived new and improved.
- 4 Ways Parents Can Promote Positive Behavior In School
Word arrives from school that the parent's child is in trouble. Maybe it was a minor offense and the student simply faced a trip to the office
- Avengers: Age of Ultron in IMAX 3D
Marvel Studios presents Avengers: Age of Ultron An IMAX 3D Experience, the epic follow-up to the biggest Super Hero movie of all time.
- Ground Operations: Battlefields to Farmfields
The California Grange is hosting a series of screenings of the award-winning documentary, Ground Operations: Battlefields to Farmfields throughout Northern California
- Santa Cruz American Music Festival May 23 & 24
Santa Cruz American Music Festival this Memorial Day weekend, May 23rd & 24th, at Aptos Village Park in Aptos, California
- Mad Hatter Meets The Great Gatsby Party on April 23
Fairytale Town mixes the zaniness of the Mad Hatter with the glamor of "The Great Gatsby" in its third annual offsite fundraising event
- 3 Helpful Insights for Publishing Authors
By mid-2014, self-published authors began taking home the bulk of all ebook author earnings generated on Amazon.com, while authors published by all of the Big Five publishers
- 35 Year Old Arrested in Murder Case
Detectives have arrested 35-year-old Kyle Fletcher for murder, robbery and burglary
- California Family Fitness Job Fairs in Folsom and Sac
California Family Fitness is Now Hiring: Full and Part Time Job Seekers Encouraged to Attend Upcoming Job Fairs for Openings throughout the Greater Sacramento Region
- 19 Year Old Arrested as Armed Robbery Suspect
19-year old Jovante Roland Taylor, from Rancho Cordova, has been arrested for robbery and possession of gun charges.
- California Residents Earn President's Volunteer Service Awards
As National Volunteer Week, April 12-18, is being observed, the following California-based volunteers have been recognized by President Obama and humanitarian organization
- Serving Up Beer and Wine at the Movies
Just in time for the summer blockbusters the Esquire IMAX Theatre now serves beer and wine
- Disney's High School Musical at Harris Center in Folsom
El Dorado Musical Theatre is proud to present Disney's High School Musical, which will run May 1-17, 2015 at the Harris Center
- Gem Faire in Sacramento May 2015
Gem Faire, West Coast's Premier Jewelry & Bead Show, will be in Sacramento May 15-17, 2015
- California Democrats State Convention May 15-17
U.S. Sen. Elizabeth Warren and Retired Rep. Barney Frank to Join California Elected Leaders and more than 3,000 Delegates and Guests
- Former Fresno Cop Indicted for Drug Trafficking
A federal grand jury indicted former Fresno deputy police chief Keith Foster and six others, charging them with a variety of drug trafficking offenses
- Autism Lecture April 18th in Sacramento
The symptoms of autism spectrum disorder (ASD) most often are described in terms of differences in social-engagement and communication
- 8 Tips to Protect Yourself from Tax Return Fraud
Once the fraudsters obtain victim PII, they electronically file tax returns and set up pre-paid debit cards or bank accounts to route fraudulent returns.
- 30 Year Old Man Found Dead in Solano County
The Sacramento County Sheriff Missing Person's Detectives have received information that a reported missing adult, identified as Robert Ziroyan, 30, has been located.
- Cap-to-Cap to Focus on Water, Transportation & Innovation
The Sacramento Metro Chamber will lead over 320 of the Capital area's top business, government and civic leaders on the 45th Annual Capitol-to-Capitol (Cap-to-Cap) program
- Tax Deadline: Corporations Interested in Complex Returns
With two days left until tax day, most Americans have already spent several hours finalizing their 2014 tax returns
- Hubble 3D for One Week at IMAX
Recounting the amazing journey of the most important scientific instrument since Galileo's original telescope, the highly acclaimed Hubble 3D
- Updated: Officer Involved Shooting on Zion Way
The 47-year-old male suspect from the incident yesterday morning on Zion Way, was taken into surgery this morning for injuries related to this shooting.
- Town Hall: School of Population and Global Health Proposed
A town hall meeting to discuss the proposed UC Davis School of Population and Global Health will be held on Thursday, April 16
- Golf: U.S. Senior Open Championship Tickets on Sale
Advance single day tickets for the 2015 U.S. Senior Open Championship, conducted by the United States Golf Association (USGA), are now on sale
- 50 Days of the Dead: Shakedown Street
The New Haven Coliseum was closed in 2002 and demolished in 2007, but this legendary Grateful Dead performance from October 25, 1979 lives on.
- Man Hospitalized Following Police Shooting
The male was holding a folding knife in each hand and refused the Officer's directives to drop the weapons.