Sacramento News Headlines
- 10th Annual Northern California Premium Sake Fest October 9th
The 10th Annual Northern California Premium Sake Fest, benefiting the UC Davis Children's Hospital Pediatric Heart Center, will be held on Thursday, Oct. 9, from 6-9 p.m. at the Sheraton Grand Sacramento Hotel.
- Young Man Found Dead on Sidewalk
On Sunday, September 14, 2014 at approximately 9:17 p.m., Sacramento Police Officers were dispatched to Franklin Boulevard at the request of the Sacramento Fire Department
- Young Adult Bereavement Art Group
The UC Davis Hospice Program and UC Davis Children's Hospital Bereavement Program will offer an eight-week Young Adult Bereavement Art Group for individuals 17 to 24
- Sacramento Kings to Retire Jersey of Peja Stojakovic
The Sacramento Kings announced today that the #16 jersey of three-time NBA All-Star and NBA Champion Peja Stojakovic will be retired
- California Statewide Fire Summary (9.17.14)
This morning nearly 6,500 local, federal and CAL FIRE firefighters are on the frontlines of 11 major wildfires burning across California.
- 23 Year Old Jailed in Expressway Murder
Joe Miles, 23, was booked into the Sacramento County Jail last night, September 14, 2014
- Drug Take Back Day September 27th in Sacramento
The Sacramento County Sheriff's Department will partner with the Drug Enforcement Agency for the ninth time and collect potentially dangerous, expired, unused, and unwanted prescription drugs
- Gas Prices Push Lower
Average retail gasoline prices in Sacramento have fallen 5.5 cents per gallon in the past week, averaging $3.70/g yesterday
- Multiple Sclerosis: Sleep Disorders Widely Undiagnosed
In what may be the largest study of sleep problems among individuals with multiple sclerosis (MS), researchers at UC Davis have found that widely undiagnosed sleep disorders
- California Statewide Fire Summary
Currently, nearly 6,000 firefighters are battling 11 major wildfires burning in California. Many of this weekend's wildfires threatened
- National Child Passenger Safety Week
An appropriate and correctly installed child passenger safety seat may be the one thing that makes the difference between life and death for a child involved in a traffic collision.
- 19 Year Old Arrested in Hookah Lounge Murder Case
Detectives have now arrested Salvador Ramon Martinez, 19, and anticipate this to be the final arrest in this case
- Housing Choice Voucher Wait List Opens (Section 8)
The Housing Authority of the County of Sacramento will open the wait list for the Housing Choice Voucher Program (HCV/formerly Section 8) tenant based vouchers on Monday
- Hoy for the Hall of Fame
I guess every year you'll just have to get used to reading about William Elsworth "Dummy" Hoy, a deaf professional baseball player from 1888-1902
- California Surpasses 100,000 Plug-in Car Sales
California sped past a major mile-marker this week - selling more than 100,000 plug-in cars since the market started in 2010, according to the California Plug-In Electric Vehicle Collaborative.
- Man Found Murdered Inside Vehicle on Springarden Way
A Waste Management service driver, reported discovering a vehicle parked in the middle of their route on a residential street within the 7900 block of Springarden Way
- Young Man Shot and Killed in Sacramento
Deputies received calls of a male reporting his friend had been shot while sitting in the driver's seat inside of his vehicle. The shooting victim lost control of the vehicle and crashed
- 2014 Rare Champion of Hope: Katherine Rauen
Katherine Rauen, professor in the Department of Pediatrics and a physician-scientist affiliated with UC Davis MIND Institute and , has been announced as the 2014 Rare Champion
- Sacramento Woman Found Guilty in Mortgage Fraud Scheme
A federal jury found Anna Sorokina Kuzmenko, 33, of Sacramento, guilty of two counts of wire fraud in a mortgage fraud scheme.
- DMV Needs to Stop Robbing Taxpayers
If you recently purchased a car from a private party, you may have paid too much tax to the California Department of Motor Vehicles.
- Autism: Early Intervention May Offer Dramatic Results
Treatment at the earliest age when symptoms of autism spectrum disorder (ASD) appear - sometimes in infants as young as 6 months old - significantly reduces symptoms so that
- Discover Clarksburg on September 27th
The Sacramento Walking Sticks Volkssport Club would like to invite everyone to discover the town of Clarksburg California on foot, Saturday, September 27, 2014.
- Mazda6 Delivers in Many Categories
The Mazda6 is a fine midsize sedan with a lot of enviable qualities, which include affordability, styling, family-friendly interior space, plus solid fuel economy and performance
- Gas Prices In Sacramento Today
Average retail gasoline prices in Sacramento have fallen 1.5 cents per gallon in the past week, averaging $3.75/g yesterday, according to
- $44 Million in the Black, Sacramento Outlook Improves
Sacramento County ended the 2013-14 Fiscal Year $44 million in the black; recording the third consecutive year of financial improvement.
- 45 Year Old Killed on Hurley Way, Suspect Arrested
Jerome Bernard Butler, 37, was arrested and booked into the Sacramento County Jail on a charge or murder earlier yesterday morning.
- Jerusalem: Soar Above the Holy Land in 3D
Jerusalem: sacred to half the people on earth; fought over more than any other place in history; conquered and destroyed, rebuilt and reinvented repeatedly over 5,000 years.
- Whooping Cough on the Rise in Sacramento
With the start of a new school year, now is a good time to vaccinate children. California Department of Public Health requires children to be up-to-date on vaccines before registering
- Rodie Working Towards Paralympic Games
Jason Rodie of Gilbert, Arizona, has a dream that won't stop. Right now, he's training 35 hours a week to earn a spot on the U.S. Paralympic team competing in the 2016 Paralympic Games in Brazil
- Elk Grove Resident Awarded HP Scholarship for Female Engineers
Jessie Pease of Elk Grove, Calif., exemplifies a new generation of female engineers, and she's in good company. Or Fast Company, to be exact.
- Great American River Clean Up Slated for September 20th
The Great American River Clean Up takes places on Saturday, September 20th 2014 from 9am- 12pm.
- Vehicle Sought in Deadly Accident
CHP Investigators are asking for your help in locating the driver and vehicle involved in this collision. The suspect vehicle is described as a 2001-2004 red Nissan Frontier pickup truck king cab.
- Prostitution Crackdown in Sacramento
The Sacramento County Sheriff's North and South patrol Problem Oriented Policing teams continue to make an impact in ongoing complaints from the communities regarding illegal activity and acts of prostitution
- 18 Year Old Woman Killed in Madison Avenue Accident
Brianna Norman, an 18 year old from Sacramento County died after running into the patch of an oncoming car according to the CHP.
- Gas Prices Ease Slightly in Sacramento Region
Average retail gasoline prices in Sacramento have fallen 2.2 cents per gallon in the past week, averaging $3.76/g yesterday, according to GasBuddy's daily survey
- 10 Year Old Girl Abducted in Carmichael
At approximately 3:00AM, an unknown white male adult entered a residence through an unlocked door and removed a child under the age of ten years old from the residence against her will.
- Can You Identify Sacramento Assault Suspect?
The Sacramento Police Department is asking for the community's help in identifying an assault suspect. Two incidents, that are believed to be related, have occurred in the same area of the city.
- Birthday Party Murder Suspects Arrested
The Sacramento Police Department has arrested 22-year-old Kelly Thomas and 28-year-old Orlando Rhinehart for murder related to a shooting incident that fatally injured one person and injured six others.
- Acura ILX: Luxury Vehicle, Reasonable Price
For car shoppers looking for an upscale luxury sedan that doesn't arrive with a luxurious price tag, Acura debuted the ILX a year ago and its back for 2014 virtually unchanged
- 5th Arrest in Hookah Lounge Lot Murder
On July 13, 2014, Tyrell Hall, 20, was shot and killed in the parking lot of a hookah lounge within the 1900 block of Fulton Avenue.