Sacramento News Headlines
- Man Shot to Death near Bannister Park
Sacramento County Sheriff Homicide Detectives are investigating a homicide that occurred in the late evening hours of May 22, 2015
- Memorial Day Weekend Safety Tips
Sacramento - With great weather expected across most of the Golden State this holiday weekend, CAL FIRE urges everyone to use caution
- 7 Museums Offer Free Admission to Military and Families
Seven Sacramento area museums will participate in Blue Star Museums, a collaboration among the National Endowment for the Arts, Blue Star Families
- Sacramento Read to the Rhythm Summer Reading Challenge
Summer Reading is an annual celebration of reading across the country. This year's theme is "Read to the Rhythm."
- Knife Wielding Suspect Shot by Police
On Thursday, May 21, 2015, at approximately 6:13 p.m., Sacramento Police and Sacramento Fire personnel were in the 900 block of I Street
- Police Kill Man After Being Threatened with Gun
The 42-year-old suspect confronted the officer with a handgun, pointing the weapon toward the officer.
- Memorial Day Weekend DUI Crackdown
The Avoid the 15 DUI Task Force is deploying officers this holiday weekend at DUI/Drivers License Checkpoints and DUI Saturation Patrols countywide
- SCOE Teacher of the Year: Marsha Cornwell, Special Education Instructor
Special Education teacher Marsha Cornwell isn't used to having many adults in her classroom, but on May 22, it was filled with administrators and colleagues bearing balloons, flowers, and good news (ATOU Cares.org)
- Murder Suspects Sought in Lincoln Village Drive Slaying
Sacramento County Sheriff Homicide Detectives are seeking the public's assistance in identifying two suspects and their vehicle from a homicide that
- Renowned Immunologist to Speak in Davis and Sacramento
Dan Kastner, the physician and immunologist who coined the term "autoinflammatory disease," will speak in Davis and Sacramento as the
- Kidney Cancer Secrets Revealed?
An international team of scientists, led by UC Davis nephrologist Robert Weiss, have used a sophisticated combination of proteomics and metabolomics to show how renal
- Raley's and iFoster Launch Foster Youth Hiring Program
iFoster has partnered with Raley's Family of Fine Stores to develop a new hiring program for foster youth.
- Scion tC features sports-car like qualities
Scion has produced a value-oriented coupe that's a good substitute for a traditional sports car.
- Sacramento Valley National Cemetery Memorial Day Program
A Memorial Day Program to honor those who paid the ultimate sacrifice in service to our nation.
- Sacramento Gas Prices: Find the Best Deals
Sacramento gas prices remained flat this past week. Find the best deals in Sacramento.
- Sacramento Neighborhoods Sprayed with Dangerous Pesticides?
Sacramento Residential Neighborhoods Sprayed Repeatedly with Pesticides Linked to Cancer, Neurological Disorders and Lethal to Honeybees
- 6 Factors That Make For Extraordinary Friendships
Research Reveals Great Friends Lead To Good Health, But That's Just A Byproduct, Author Says
- Sacramento County Fair Gets TV Spotlight
Sacramento County Fair Featured on Cooking Chanel and Food Network
- Hemp: Beloved George Washington Would Be Serving Time
If George Washington were alive today he would be arrested. Because besides being the "father of our country", hero of the Revolutionary War and our first president, George was a hemp grower.
- Man Killed in Shooting on Lincoln Village Drive
The Rancho Cordova Police Department received multiple reports of gunshots fired in the area within the 9800 block of Lincoln Village Drive
- Disney's Tomorrowland in IMAX 3D
From Disney comes two-time Oscar winner Brad Bird's riveting, mystery adventure Tomorrowland: An IMAX 3D Experience, starring Academy Award
- 5 Skills Adolescents Need for a Successful and Satisfying Life
"During the physical, emotional and intellectual explosions of the adolescent years, it's critical that teenagers develop a belief in their own ability to succeed
- Newest Urban Farm in West Sacramento
Raley's Family of Fine Stores and the Center for Land-Based Learning have partnered on the groundbreaking of the Food for Families Urban Farm.
- Rules of Marriage Ripe for Change?
Open relationships are popular among some, and new research suggests why.
- Volkswagen Touareg: Classy and Loaded Performer
The 2015 Volkswagen Touareg features a classy look, a smartly-designed interior, plenty of performance, and is loaded with standard features
- New Construction Homes: Getting Started
Sacramento area realtor Julie Jalone of MagnumOne Realty, starts a new series of new construction home reviews and tips for potential buyers when the visit the builder showroom
- Real Estate: New Home Sales - Get Help!
Sacramento Area Realtor, Julie Jalone of MagnumOne Realty in Roseville, writes about new home sales and how buyers can save money when dealing directly with the builder.
- Acura TLX: Two Luxury Sedans in One
The folks at Acura decided to ditch both models and reintroduce them - kind of - with one new model, the 2015 Acura TLX. Acura, the luxury division of Honda
- Sacramento County Fair Bull Riding Competition May 23rd
The 2015 Sacramento County Fair takes the bull by the horns with the 4th Annual Stars and Stripes Invitational Bull Riding competition
- 37 Year Old Killed on El Camino Avenue
The shooting victim, identified as James A. Watkins, 37, succumbed to his injuries earlier today and passed away.
- Video Surveillance: Rancho Cordova Police Deploy Cameras
The Rancho Cordova Police are using video surveillance cameras in two areas of our city to enhance their safety goals
- Drought Watch: Sheriff's Department Ups Game
Since the drought declaration for the State of California, the Sacramento County Sheriff's Department is committed to doing its part, and has taken steps toward conservation
- Hope for Horses Charity Benefit May 16th in Galt
Hope for Horses is changing the venue for its second annual charity benefit dinner, the "Feedbag Frolic," on Saturday, May 16th.
- Toyota Sienna: Reliability and Enviable Reputation
People don't purchase a minivan because they love it. It's definitely a necessity buy - as in - I need a minivan because it's a major transporter
- Cocaine Conspiracy and Bribery: Yuba City Police Officer Indicted
A federal grand jury returned a four-count indictment against Gursharan Phagura, 39, and Harminder Phagura, 35, both residents of Yuba City
- Sacramento Public Library featured in National Geographic's Proof
National Geographic's PROOF photography blog has published photographs of homeless readers at the Sacramento Public Library.
- Marides Helps Others with Disabilities
In both 2014 and 2015, now 50-year-old Hillary Marides, of Los Angeles, California, was first runner-up in the Ms. Wheelchair California competition
- Amendment Targets Fed Water Policy in California
The House of Representatives adopted an amendment by Congressman Tom McClintock to forbid federal agencies from buying up scarce water
- Study: Electricity Consumption Increases with Automatic Bill Payment
The adage "out of sight, out of mind" applies to electricity use, according to new research from Duke University's Sanford School of Public Policy
- Sac Gas Prices Surge: Where to Find Best Deals
Average retail gasoline prices in Sacramento have risen 27.3 cents per gallon in the past week,