Sacramento News Headlines
- 28 Year Old Killed in Solo Accident
Clinton Gregory Tovar (28) of Rancho Cordova was killed in a single car accident on November 21, 2015.
- Female Inmate Dies in Custody at Sacramento County Jail
A little after 8:00 a.m. this morning (November 22, 2015), a 48 year old female inmate was found unresponsive and unconscious in her cell at the Sacramento County Main Jail.
- Toyota RAV4 remains reliable compact SUV
The Toyota RAV4, which was introduced in Japan and Europe in 1994 and a year later hit the American market
- Blindness Etiquette
If you are meeting a person who is blind or visually impaired for the first time, do you offer your hand for him to shake?
- Easiest Arrest Ever of Unlicensed Contractor?
Sacramento, CA- It started in the late morning when multiple fax machines at CSLB Headquarters in Sacramento started buzzing
- Deadly Assault: 37 Year Old Suspected
On Sunday, November 22, 2015, at 3:36 p.m., the Sacramento Police Department responded to the 4800 block of 71st Street
- Sexual Assault of Minor: School Employee Arrested
The Sacramento Police Department has arrested 31-year-old Joshua Vasquez for the sexual assault of a minor.
- Loretta Claiborne Ran to Success
You may have seen the Disney made-for-TV movie The Loretta Claiborne Story, in which a partially blind, African-American woman with an intellectual disability
- AMAC: Pause Syrian Refugee Program
French President Francois Hollande declared war on ISIS in the wake of the Islamist terrorist attacks in Paris that left some 129 innocent people dead
- 28 Arrested in Sex Offender Compliance Operation
12 subjects were arrested for being out of compliance as registered sex offenders. Another 16 arrests were made for outstanding warrants.
- Sacramento Gas Price Wars: Where to Save Money
Sacramento gas prices continue to push lower with several stations reporting prices below $2.30 per gallon.
- Autism: Tips to Navigate Party Meltdowns and Travel
The coming holiday season is a joyful time of year that brings together families and friends. However, it can also be quite stressful
- Real Estate Market to Get Better
Sacramento area Realtor, Julie Jalone of MagnumOne Realty in Roseville, writes about a recent report from the Mortgage Bankers Association which suggests the US housing market will "Get Better."
- Obamacare Co-op Failures Signal More Trouble?
President Obama may be able to veto attempts to repeal the Affordable Care Act, but the question is: can he forestall the eventual collapse of Obamacare
- Acura ILX: Improved and Reasonably Priced
The 2016 Acura ILX has an attractive curb appeal and can sit in the driveway and definitely receive a thumbs up from the neighbors making an observation on looks alone.
- American Century Championship Boosts Lake Tahoe Nonprofits
(SOUTH LAKE TAHOE, Calif. / Nev.) - The 2015 American Century Championship continues to support area nonprofits as the Lake Tahoe Visitors Authority distributed $55,600
- Congress Attempting to Tax Mortgages
On a median priced home in California, homeowners could pay over $8,000 for this tax
- Raley's Targets Hunger with Annual Holiday Bag Drive
Raley's Family of Fine Stores has kicked off its 29th holiday bag drive with the goal of raising 3 million pounds of food to help local food banks
- More Americans Forego Retirement
But research over the past several years shows that American workers are "withdrawing" from their jobs in fewer numbers
- Squaw Valley and Alpine Meadows to Open Early
Lake Tahoe, CA - With almost two feet of snow over the last week, including six inches of snow today on the summits of Squaw Valley and Alpine Meadows
- 5 Smart Money Moves Before the End of Year
Sacramento, CA - Before the holidays begin in earnest, take a moment for some financial planning.
- Foundation Funds Jewish Disability Programs
Since 2002, the Boston-based Ruderman Family Foundation has been involved with "inclusion and enhancing the lives of adults and children with disabilities
- Water Supply Reliability Focus of Sac River Project
The Placer County Water Agency (PCWA) Board of Directors received a report on the Sacramento River Regional Water Reliability Project
- Medical Marijuana Regulation On the Way
Gov. Jerry Brown signed three bills into law recently that establish a statewide regulatory framework for California businesses that produce and distribute medical marijuana
- Free Concert Series Coming to Sacramento
Sacramento, CA - Winds of Faith (formerly the William Jessup University Community Wind Ensemble), under the direction of Van Crane, will present a series of concerts
- Take Control Of Holiday Debt Before The Holidays
The spending is fun and well intended. The debt can be dreadful. With the holidays upon us, it's the perfect time to consider fiscal fitness
- Sacramento's Lowest Gas Prices
Average retail gasoline prices in Sacramento have fallen 2.6 cents per gallon in the past week, averaging $2.62/g yesterday
- Ford Mustang Delivers Superior Redesign
One of America's truly iconic cars, the Ford Mustang, has been a cherished and revered "pony car" for the past 51 years.
- Newspaper Expert Enjoys Son with Autism
Ken Blum of Orrville, Ohio, is nationally known as an expert in the community newspaper industry and regularly writes about industry issues
- Volkswagen Troubles Continue to Grow
The EPA is issuing a second notice of violation (NOV) of the Clean Air Act (CAA) to Volkswagen AG, Audi AG and Volkswagen Group of America, Inc
- $21 Million Charter School Moves Forward after Seven Years
After a seven-year building moratorium, the Natomas Unified School District held the official ground breaking recently for a $21 million charter school
- Sacramento Arts Festival returns to Convention Center
Share in a weekend of handcrafted art and entertainment at the Sacramento Arts Festival, Friday, November 6 through Sunday, November 8, 2015
- Chili Cook Off slated for November 21
Holy Cross Academy, a Diocese of Sacramento school located in West Sacramento recently announced that it will be hosting its 3rd Annual Chili Cook Off
- 39 Year Old Motorcyclist Killed in Solo Accident
A 39 year old male was riding a 2005 Independence motorcycle eastbound on Madison Ave., east of Rutland Drive, at a high rate of speed.
- Yellow Cab offers Free Halloween Rides Home
Yellow Cab of Sacramento is partnering with Berg Injury Lawyers to offer free, safe rides home on Halloween night for people in downtown/midtown Sacramento.
- SPECTRE: James Bond Returns to IMAX
Bond peels back the layers of deceit to reveal the terrible truth behind SPECTRE
- Sacramento Community Concert Association 2015-2016 Season
The Sacramento Community Concert Association (SCCA) and newly elected President, J. Scott Miller, has announced its 63rd Season, 2015-2016, with five live musical performances.
- UC Davis Children's Hospital Toy Drive
(SACRAMENTO, Calif.) -UC Davis Children's Hospital is hosting a holiday toy drive this month to help spread cheer to its patients and their families staying this holiday season.
- Jeep Grand Cherokee sheds its mediocre past
This time the folks at Jeep got it right. They've done a great job of remodeling the new Jeep Grand Cherokee, which had been rated high in the past on my least-likely-to-buy sport utility vehicle list.