Sacramento News Headlines
- Final Murder Suspect Arrested in Stevenson Avenue Slaying
Monterio Maurice Roberts, 42, turned himself in to the Sheriff's Department yesterday evening on his outstanding murder warrant for his involvement in the homicide
- Low Gas Prices Boost Thanksgiving Travelers
Average retail gasoline prices in Sacramento have fallen 4.9 cents per gallon in the past week, averaging $2.98/g yesterday, according to GasBuddy's daily survey
- Fairytale Town to Transform into a Winter Wonderland
Celebrate the holiday season at Fairytale Town with holiday lights, festive dcor, snow, Santa, reindeer and more at Fairytale Town's Winter Wonderland event
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Often Not Believed
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS), also called Chronic Fatigue Immune Dysfunction Syndrome, had Carl Miller and his doctors, completely baffled for a long while
- 92% of Americans Traveling for Thanksgiving
Survey Says: 92% of Americans Traveling for Thanksgiving Plan to Drive; 71% Expect to Spend Less This Year
- CHP: Reckless Driver Cause of Major Injury Crash
Robert Briggs, a 21 year old from Carmichael, was driving a 2001 Ford Expedition e/b on El Camino Ave west of Fair Oaks Blvd at a very high rate of speed, weaving in and out of traffic on a wet roadway
- Thanksgiving Concerns Over Home Cooking Fires
Cooking is, and has long been, the leading cause of home structure fires and home fire injuries, and according to the National Fire Protection Association
- The Season to Indulge in Walnuts
UC Davis research finds walnuts slow prostate cancer growth, among other health benefits
- Thanksgiving Travel Tips for Sacramento International Airport
A busy travel season is approaching at Sacramento International Airport. The Thanksgiving travel season lasts from Friday, Nov. 21, until Monday, Dec. 1, with the heaviest days
- 18 Year Old Killed in 29th Street Shooting
Officers arrived at the parking lot of an apartment complex and found an 18 year-old male that had been shot.
- Stolen: Disabled Children's Walker and Tricycle
The Sacramento Police Department is asking for the community's help in locating a stolen walker and tricycle.
- Controlling Holiday Debt Before The Holidays
With the holidays upon us, it's the perfect time to consider fiscal fitness
- 20 Year Prison Sentence for Sacramento Businessman
Deepal Wannakuwatte, 63, of Sacramento, California, was sentenced to 20 years in prison for a long-running fraud scheme.
- Old Sacramento Holiday Theatre of Lights
Known as a magical, electrifying and family-friendly holiday tradition in Old Sacramento, the ever-popular and FREE Theatre of Lights performances return on Wednesday evening, November 26
- 2 Women Arrested on Murder Charges
Monica Njoku, 44, and Taiish Immonique Simon, 38, were booked into the Sacramento County Main Jail yesterday for homicide charges in the death of a 35 year old man.
- Welfare Check Turns Into Murder Investigation
On Monday, November 17, 2014, at approximately 1:45 p.m., Sacramento Police Officers responded to a residence in the 4000 block of Shining Star Drive regarding a welfare check.
- Craigslist Fueled Murder Leads to Life Without Parole
Elliton Varnado has been sentenced to 44 years, 4 months to life and an additional life in prison without the possibility of parole
- Happier Holidays for Motorists as Gas Prices Sink
Average retail gasoline prices in Sacramento have fallen 2.1 cents per gallon in the past week, according to a survey of 720 gas outlets
- Altercation Turns Deadly: Man Stabbed to Death
Sacramento County Sheriff Homicide Detectives are investigating a homicide that occurred earlier this evening within the 8100 block of Stevenson Avenue.
- CHP to Target Aggressive Driving
The California Highway Patrol (CHP) today announced that it is implementing a yearlong, federally funded traffic safety campaign to reduce the number of collisions associated with aggressive driving.
- Santa Claus Project Operates Throughout Year
Since its inception in 1995, Deputy Michael Wright has spent the holiday season as "Santa Mike" for the Sheriff's Santa Claus Project
- Mountain Mandarin Festival Returns
AUBURN, CA. The new gold in Placer County California is growing on trees as the County has become known for their intensely flavored, sweet, Mandarin Oranges
- Lung Cancer Screening Required Under Affordable Care Act
UC Davis Medical Center is preparing to screen seniors on Medicare who meet the criteria for lung cancer screening using low-dose computed tomography
- Preemie Spawns Life With Grace
Hers was one tough pregnancy. A physician told Jennifer Schwertfeger in 2004 that her placenta and uterus had separated, a condition known as placental abruption
- Do You Recognize These Burglary Suspects?
The Sacramento Police Department is asking for the community's help in identifying two burglary suspects
- 20 Year Old Jailed on Armed Robbery Charges
Lonnie Stark, 20, has been arrested for armed robbery in connection with multiple robberies that occurred during September and October of this year.
- Lincoln MKZ Needs More Refinement
Successful luxury automobile brands include BMW, Mercedes-Benz, and the Japanese contingent of Honda (Acura), Toyota (Lexus) and Nissan (Infiniti).
- Sketch: Home Burglary Suspect on Hixon Circle
At approximately 3:40 AM, an unknown white male adult entered a residence while the occupants were sleeping. As the suspect was inside, one adult and one child within the home woke and exchanged verbal dialogue
- Hit and Run Leaves Man Severely Injured
Antonio Garcia, a 51 year old from Sacramento suffered severe injuries in a hit and run on Interstate 80.
- Farmers Market to Open in Land Park
Sacramento, CA,- BeMoneySmartUSA is opening Land Parks' very own Farmers Market on November 23, 2014.
- Sacramento Covered Expands to Meet Demand
Sacramento Covered today announced new locations and expanded office hours offering free health coverage enrollment assistance for 2015 health insurance plans
- 2 Year Old's Death Spurs Murder Investigation
Due to unusual circumstances surrounding the death, homicide detectives arrived at the hospital and began their investigation which included contacting and interviewing family members
- 31 Year Old Jailed on Murder Charge
The Sacramento Police Department has arrested Donald Chapman, 31, for murder related to the shooting death of 44-year-old Dale Botta
- Botched Robbery Nets Lengthy Prison Terms
Sacramento residents Raymell Lamar Eason, and Keith Lamont Smith, 38, were sentenced to long prison sentences for conspiring to rob an armored car and attempted robbery of an armored car
- Sacramento Area Museums Honor Military Veterans
Sacramento Association of Museums (SAM) are featuring a number of special events and activities honoring military veterans
- 31 Year Old Sentenced in Wire Fraud Case
Scott Edward Cavell, 31, of Sacramento, was sentenced by United States District Judge John A. Mendez to five years in prison and ordered to pay $7.4 million in restitution
- 1 Killed in Apartment Complex Shooting
Police are investigating a homicide that occurred at Galbrath Drive apartment complex.
- Man Shot to Death in Own Garage
At around 10:30PM last night, November 9, 2014, the Sheriff's Communications Center received several calls from citizens reporting hearing gunshots within the 8000 block of Golden Meadow Drive.
- Gas Prices Continue to Push Lower
Average retail gasoline prices in Sacramento have fallen 4.9 cents per gallon in the past week, according to a daily survey
- Be a Friend This Holiday Season
With Thanksgiving, Christmas, and other year-end holidays approaching, I'm going to put an idea or two right now into your holiday pipe to smoke on.