Sacramento News Headlines
- CHP North Sacramento Free Start Smart Class
The CHP's Start Smart program is a driver safety education class which targets new and future licensed teenage drivers between the age of 15 -19 and their parents/guardians
- Help Sick and Injured Children at Sacramento Republic FC Match
Soccer fans can help sick and injured children at UC Davis Children's Hospital by buying tickets to the August 22 Sacramento Republic FC match.
- Free Concert Benefit for UC Davis Children's Hospital
The young and the young at heart are invited to a free outdoor summer concert featuring music by the Bay Area band Lovefool
- Pimping and Pandering: Perpetrators Popped
Sacramento County Sheriff's detectives arrested two individuals earlier this week, for charges related to pimping, pandering, and unlawful sex acts with a sixteen year-old girl
- Gem Faire in Sacramento August 14-16
Gem Faire, West Coast's Premier Jewelry & Bead Show, returns to Sacramento Aug. 14-16, 2015
- Californian with Autism Struggles to Fit In
Hers was one tough way to discover a disability.
- California to receive FEMA for Wragg Fire
The U.S. Department of Homeland Security's Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) has authorized the use of federal funds to assist the state of California combat the Wragg
- Parent Frustrated By Years of Misdiagnosis
Patricia Stroh has strong advice for parents of children with disabilities: "You know your child better than anyone. If you feel doctors are wrong or lackadaisical in diagnosing
- California Needs to Address Its Lack of Technical Training
As the uneven economy recovery continues in California, there is one area where jobs remain available: technical workers.
- What First Time Homebuyers Need to Know
Roseville, CA - When the time is right for a starter home many buyers discover the amount they want to pay will not get them the home of their dreams.
- Mission Impossible - Rogue Nation Coming to IMAX
Mission Impossible-Rogue Nation: The IMAX Experience opens July 30 at the Esquire IMAX Theatre at 7 p.m.
- 4 Guilty Verdicts in Mortgage Fraud Scheme
After a three-week jury trial, a federal jury found Olga Palamarchuk, 45, of Rancho Cordova; Pyotr Bondaruk, 44, of Sacramento; Vera Zhiry, 35, of Sacramento; and Peter Kuzmenko, 37, of West Sacramento
- 22 Year Old Sacramento Woman Arrested in Bank Robberies
Sacramento resident, Donimique Marie Polani, 22 has been booked into the Sacramento County Main Jail on robbery charges, where she
- Woman Killed by SUV in Sacramento Hit and Run
On July 20, 2015, at 12:45 am, a black SUV, possibly a Lincoln Aviator, was traveling westbound Arden Way east of Maple Glen Road, at an unknown speed
- Most Wired: UC Davis Medical Center
UC Davis Medical Center has again earned "Most Wired" designation as one of the nation's top health leaders in information technology
- Sacramento among Finalists for HUD Grant
The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development has announced that Sacramento is one of nine finalists to compete for 2014-2015 Choice Neighborhoods Implementation Grants
- Eppie's Great Race Triathlon July 18th
The 42nd Annual "Eppie's Great Race", known as "The World's Oldest Triathlon " is scheduled for Saturday, July 18, 2015.
- Marijuana Water Use Targeted by Officials
According to the California Department of Fish and Wildlife, a single marijuana plant uses an average of six gallons of water per day during the growing cycle
- Free Kids Farmers Market Tours in Sacramento
In an effort to introduce, educate and inspire children to eat more fresh fruits and vegetables, the Midtown Business Association has teamed up with the local Food Literacy
- Honda Civic: Undisputed King of the Hill No More
Regardless of how it matches up individually, there is no competitor that provides the diversity of the Honda Civic - the choices are numerous
- Party Turns Deadly on Viola Drive in North Sacramento
Police found a male in his late 20's who was shot in the torso, a second shooting victim shot in the leg and a third victim shot in the arm
- Bicyclist Killed After Car Veers into Bike Lane
On June 12, 2015, at 9:40 am, Desmen Lashonne Carrino (25) of Sacramento was driving a 1991 Pontiac Grand Prix westbound Edison Ave
- California State Fair Concert Schedule
The California State Fair 2015 is serving up a full schedule and wide range of musical entertainment.
- Sacramento Man Charged with Sex Trafficking of a Minor
A federal grand jury returned a single-count indictment against William Morgan Banks, 31, of Sacramento, charging him with sex trafficking of a minor
- Ant-Man Crawling into Sacramento IMAX July 16th
Ant-Man opens July 16th at the IMAX Theatre in Sacramento.
- Acura MDX retains luxury appeal
Now in its seventh year of production by Honda's luxury division, the Acura MDX is one of many midsize luxury crossover sport utility vehicles
- South Tahoe Wooden Boat Classic July 24-25
The South Tahoe Wooden Boat Classic focuses on the 50's, fins and Elvis as the theme for the 8th annual event taking place July 24 - 25, 2015
- Disney's Mulan, Jr. at Folsom Harris Center
El Dorado Musical Theatre is proud to present Disney's Mulan, Jr., which will run July 10-19, 2015 at the Harris Center
- Grateful Dead: U.S. Blues
Duke University in April 1978 would find an energized Grateful Dead ripping through a high energy version of U.S. Blues.
- Don't Drink and Drive: Uber Serves Up Free Alternative
CHP North Sacramento is again partnering with Uber, the app that connects riders and drivers, to offer free rides to new users.
- 56 Year Old Killed in Single Car Collision
On June 29, 2015 at approximately 6:12 p.m., a 56 year old male, from Sacramento, was driving a 1992 Chevrolet Blazer and entering I-5 from Arena Blvd.
- California Website Portal Aims for Business Owners
As part of an ongoing effort to provide more on-line tools to businesses, the Governor's Office of Business and Economic Development (GO-Biz) today announced the launch of the California Business Portal
- Sacramento Opens Cooling Centers in Extreme Heat
These faith based and non-profit organizations have opened their doors as cooling centers so people can get in out of the heat.
- Honda Accord Hybrid: Best of the Best
For all Accord models, the major attributes continue to be superior fuel economy, roomy interior, strong acceleration, and good handling
- Grateful Dead: Truckin' at Levi's Stadium
Truckin' opened the Fare Thee Well Run in Santa Clara, CA at Levi's Stadium on June 27, 2015
- UC Davis Children's Hospital Toy Drive
(SACRAMENTO, Calif.) -UC Davis Children's Hospital is hosting a holiday toy drive this month to help spread cheer to its patients and their families staying this holiday season.
- Jeep Grand Cherokee sheds its mediocre past
This time the folks at Jeep got it right. They've done a great job of remodeling the new Jeep Grand Cherokee, which had been rated high in the past on my least-likely-to-buy sport utility vehicle list.