Sacramento News Headlines
- Woman Faces 15 Years for Vehicular Manslaughter
Tresa Bales-Sterba pled no contest to gross vehicular manslaughter while intoxicated, felony driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs with injury,
- Man Receives 10 Year Sentence in Marijuana Growing Operation
Brandon A. Conley 31, of Stockton, was sentenced to 10 years in federal prison by U.S. District Judge John A. Mendez for growing marijuana and possession of a firearm
- Couple Sentenced for Misappropriation of Union Funds
Robert L. Carr, 58, was sentenced to 30 months in prison and Theresa Ann Carr, 55, to three months in prison. Both Carrs were ordered
- Alcohol Ban Enforcement and Price Hikes for Memorial Day Weekend
Entrance fees to Sacramento County Regional Parks will increase during the Memorial Day weekend. Regional Parks is implementing temporary
- Long Live the Kings Rally May 23 at Cesar Chavez Park
The Sacramento Kings announced Long Live the Kings Rally will take place Thursday, May 23 from 5-9 p.m. at Cesar Chavez Park in Downtown Sacramento.
- Kidnapping and Robbery Suspect Shot and Captured
Zecharia Scholes, 36, was charged with kidnapping and robbery. He is being held on $150,000 bail.
- $480,000 Awarded for Affordable Housing Units
The Department of Housing and Community Development (HCD) awarded Pacific Housing, Inc. $480,000 to assist in new rental construction of St. John's Grove Apartments
- Girl Killed in Shooting on Channing Drive in North Highlands
Sheriff's detectives are investigating the circumstances surrounding a shooting that claimed the life of a young girl and wounded two adults late yesterday evening.
- Kia Sorento an affordable, versatile crossover SUV
Like many offerings in the Kia lineup, the Sorento has distanced itself from its modest beginnings when the Korean automaker produced mainly affordable cars that often came with a "cheap" tagline.
- Plane Crash in Auburn Kills Two
At 0030 hours, the Placer County Sheriffs Office received a call from Cal EMA (California Office of Emergency Services) to assist in a search for a possible downed aircraft near the Auburn Airport.
- Railroad Museum Gets in the Jazzy Spirit
Coinciding with the 40th Anniversary Sacramento Music Festival happening over Memorial Day weekend in Old Sacramento, California State Parks and the California State Railroad Museum will
- Sacramento Music Festival Musical Guests at Skip's Music
In celebration of the 40th Anniversary Sacramento Music Festival happening over Memorial Day Weekend in Sacramento, Skip's Music will welcome a number of the valley's greatest musical artists on stage on
- One Dead in South Sac Shooting on Baker Avenue
Sheriff's Homicide detectives are investigating the circumstances surrounding a shooting in south Sacramento that left one man dead and injured another earlier this morning
- Update: Job Openings in Sacramento
Sacramento job openings for the week starting May 19, 2013.
- Thunder Valley offers Concert Ticket Package Deals
Guests will have the chance to purchase a limited number of exclusive season ticket packages for Thunder Valley Casino Resort's much anticipated Summer Concert Series this Saturday, May 18.
- Help Identify Indecent Exposure Suspect
The Sacramento Police Department is asking for the community's help in identifying an indecent exposure suspect.
- Jerry Brown declares May is California Small Business Month
SACRAMENTO - Governor Edmund G. Brown, Jr. issued an official proclamation declaring the month of May as 'California Small Business Month.'
- Kidnapping Suspect Jailed on Million Dollar Bail
Cedric Holland, 25, was taken into custody in connection with the attempted abduction of a seven year-old girl in south Sacramento last weekend.
- Police Shoot Robbery Suspect at CVS Pharmacy
At 5:00 p.m. yesterday, Sheriff's deputies responded to the CVS Pharmacy in the 4900 block of Marconi Avenue regarding a robbery in progress.
- Citrus Heights Man Arrested on Burglary Charges
Eric Brown, 28, was arrested last week in Citrus Heights, and charged with burglary. He was identified through an anonymous tip from a caller who recognized him from surveillance video
- Suspect sought in Credit Union Robbery
Sheriff's detectives are seeking the identity of a man responsible for a robbery last Friday. On May 10, 2013 at approximately 12:45 p.m
- BMW X3 features efficient turbocharged engine
The X3 is no longer the baby in the BMW family of sport utility vehicles that are sold in the United States. That distinction now belongs
- Job Openings in Roseville and Rocklin Update
Roseville and Rocklin job openings for the week ending May 18, 2013.
- Brazen Kidnapping Suspect Sought
Sheriff's detectives are looking for a man responsible for kidnapping a seven year-old girl in south Sacramento this past weekend.
- Orangevale Man Charged in Mortgage Fraud Scheme
A five-count grand jury indictment was unsealed recently charging Valeri Kalyuzhnyy, 41, of Orangevale, with false statements on a loan and credit application and money laundering, United States Attorney Benjamin B. Wagner announced.
- 3 Arrested in Catalytic Converter Thefts from SAC Airport
Three men were arrested in connection with the theft of catalytic converters from vehicles parked at the Sacramento International Airport. All three suspects were
- Gas Prices Jump Higher
Average retail gasoline prices in Sacramento have risen 13.8 cents per gallon in the past week, averaging $3.95/g yesterday,
- Med Tech Showcase May 14th
The number of Sacramento region med tech companies now totals 126, an increase of 10 percent compared to last year, according to a report recently released by the
- Shooting Death on Radalyac Court in Rio Linda
Sheriff's Homicide detectives are investigating the circumstances surrounding the shooting death of a man late yesterday evening at a home in Rio Linda. Deputies responded to the 6800 block of Radalyac Court
- Murder for Hire Plot Foiled
Manuel Perez, 47, and his sister, Natalia Perez, 45, were both arrested earlier this week for charges of solicitation to commit murder and criminal conspiracy.
- Rene' Delgado Named SCOE 2014 Teacher of the Year
Special Education teacher Rene' Delgado got a big surprise on Wednesday, May 8. The day reserved to celebrate California Day of the Teacher was also
- Early Marker for Autism in Placenta?
A study by researchers at the UC Davis MIND Institute and the Yale University School of Medicine has found that more than 95 percent of the placentas of infants who are among those at the greatest risk of developing autism
- UC Patient Workers Vote to Strike
AFSCME 3299, which represents nearly 13,000 University of California Patient Care Technical Workers, announced today that its members have voted to authorize a strike with more than 97% support.
- Sacramento Music Festival adds Kenny Wayne Shepherd Band
The Kenny Wayne Shepherd Band will headline the first night of the 40th Anniversary Sacramento Music Festival that opens on Friday, May 24.
- Jobs in Sacramento Weekly Update
Sacramento job openings for the week ending May 11, 2013.
- Sacramento in Top 5 Fastest Moving Housing Markets
In Sacramento, as of the end of March, the median number of days a property was on the market before being in contract with a buyer was 12.
- 2014 Subaru Forester features major improvements
Although the Subaru Forester looks nearly the same, considerable changes have taken place to bolster the reputation of this popular compact crossover sport utility vehicle.
- Folsom Man Sentenced in $7 Million Fraud Case
United States District Judge Garland E. Burrell, Jr. sentenced Sacramento developer David Romo, 42, of Folsom, to 10 years and one month in prison for mail fraud related to a real estate investment scheme that defrauded investors of more than $6.9 million
- Sacramento Gas Prices Hold Steady
Average retail gasoline prices in Sacramento have not moved in the past week, averaging $3.81/g yesterday, according to GasBuddy's daily survey of 720 gas outlets in Sacramento.
- Parolee Jailed Following Chase in Stolen Car
Robert Treadway, 32, was booked into the Sacramento County Main Jail on four felony charges, and remains in custody with $210,000 bail.