Sacramento News Headlines
- Mortgage Alternative Program: Want to Buy a Home and Need a Rich Uncle?
Mortgage Alternative Program (MAP)- SAcramento area realtor, Julie Jalone of MagnumOne Realty in Roseville writes about new program to help get families who can't currently qualify for a mortgage into homes of their choice and on the road to homeownership.
- Schizophrenics Anonymous Offers Suppport
SA groups provide an informal six-step program, which can include open talk, feedback, support, and fun events, such as pizza or movie nights, picnics, talent shows, and holiday parties
- Falling Gas Prices in Sacramento
Average retail gasoline prices in Sacramento have fallen 2.4 cents per gallon in the past week, averaging $3.61/g yesterday, according to GasBuddy's daily survey of 720
- Wonder Bread 5 to Play 2014 Party For Change
Sacramento, Calif., - Tickets for Saint John's Program for Real Change, annual "Wine Women & Shoes and Guys Cigars & Fast Cars" are on sale Online.
- Ford Focus Sportier and More Refined
Ford redesigned the Focus two years ago and has produced a fairly sporty and refined compact car that has received strong statements of approval from prominent auto publications.
- The Equalizer Movie with Denzel Washington at IMAX
Catch Denzel Washington in his first ever IMAX film
- Overcharged Tax on an Auto Purchase? Get Your Refund
Unfortunately, I've been hearing from my constituents that the Department of Motor Vehicles is overcharging tax on their vehicle purchases.
- King Fire Update 68% Contained Following Rainfall
Rainfall across Northern California aided firefighters in their efforts towards containment of the 3 remaining wildfires in California.
- Real Estate: Get Help When Buying a New House
MagnumOne Realty agent/owner, Julie Jalone, gives some valuable advice to Sacramento and Roseville home buyers who are considering new construction for their next house.
- Marijuana Legalization Effort in California Rolls Ahead
The Marijuana Policy Project (MPP) is filing a committee with the California Secretary of State on Wednesday to support a 2016 ballot initiative to regulate marijuana like alcohol in California
- Murder on Auberry Drive: Investigation Underway
At 5:45PM yesterday evening (September 23, 2014), Sheriff's Deputies responded to the 8200 block of Auberry Drive in Sacramento County, after receiving a report that a home invasion robbery
- California Statewide Fire Summary (9.24.14)
This morning over 8,200 firefighters continue to battle 4 major wildfires burning in California. While progress is being made on the King Fire, over 7,600 firefighters continue to build containment
- Store Owner Arrested for Buying Stolen Property
Nidal Eid, 48 was arrested on suspicion of knowingly purchasing property that was likely stolen from residential burglaries.
- California Statewide Fire Summary (9.23.14)
This morning over 8,100 firefighters continue to battle 5 major wildfires burning in California. Yesterday afternoon firefighters fully contained the Nelson Fire which burned 62 acres south of Ukiah in Mendocino County.
- Cognitive Deficits in Down Syndrome Lecture October 8th
Katheleen Gardiner, Anna and John J. Sie Professor of Genetics at the University of Colorado, Denver, will discuss "Cognitive Deficits in Down Syndrome: The Underlying Molecular Concepts
- 7-Eleven Identity Theft Arrests
Marcell Horton-30, Fremon Reaves-29, and Jacques Houston-20, were arrested and booked into custody at the Sacramento County Main Jail for a combined thirty six (36) counts of identity theft.
- Juvenile Suspects Sought in North Sac Burglaries
Sheriff's Detectives are looking for help in identifying male juveniles who they believe are responsible for a rash of home burglaries in the Northeast part of Sacramento
- Sacramento Gas Prices Downward Push
Average retail gasoline prices in Sacramento have fallen 2.4 cents per gallon in the past week, averaging $3.66/g yesterday, according to GasBuddy's daily survey of 720 gas outlets in Sacramento.
- Subaru BRZ: An Old-School Sports Car
The 2015 Subaru BRZ, a sports car smartly designed for driving enthusiasts who want to own a light, agile car that can provide that elusive fun factor while also looking cool.
- Steinbach Tackles Paranoid Schizophrenia
He began hearing voices in his head at age 15. It started with hearing a man and a woman. They were good voices.
- Accident on Sunrise Boulevard Claims Man's Life
On September 20, 2014 at approximately 2:00 AM, a solo automobile collision occurred on Sunrise Boulevard; north of Refinement Road.
- California Statewide Fire Summary (9.20.14)
In Northern California gusty north winds could fan the active wildfires and will heighten the fire danger as conditions rapidly dry out. Gusts of 20-30 mph are likely
- The Maze Runner Now Playing at IMAX Theatre
Based on the best-selling novel by James Dashner The Maze Runner: The IMAX Experience is now showing in Sacramento.
- Folsom to File Lawsuit on Mather Airport Master Plan
During a recent Special Closed Session meeting, the Folsom City Council expressed unanimous support to file a lawsuit challenging the recent approval of the Mather Master Plan
- DUI Checkpoint Tonight in North Sacramento
Sobriety Checkpoint to be held on Friday, September 19, 2014, in the unincorporated area of Sacramento County.
- Man in 60's Murdered on Mather Field Road
At approximately 11:00PM last night, September 18, 2014, Rancho Cordova Police Officers received a call from a local hospital regarding a white male in his early 60's, who was transported by ambulance
- Raley's Earns GreenChill Achievement Award
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA) GreenChill Partnership announced today that Raley's Family of Fine Stores received a GreenChill 2013 Achievement
- Surrendering Democracy One Vote at a Time October 2nd
In a casual and friendly conversational setting, the Village Square Sacramento will bring together 150 community members for Dinner at the Square on October 2nd
- Confronting the Islamic State
Congressman Tom McClintock (CA-04) delivered the following remarks on the House Floor.
- King Fire Updates: Blaze Rapidly Expands to Over 70,000 Acres
El Dorado County, CA -- The King Fire continues to grow and now has consumed over 70,000 acres with only 5% containment
- King Fire Arson Suspect Arrested
King Fire Update: Wayne Allen Huntsman, 37, of Pollock Pines was booked into the El Dorado County Jail for arson on Wednesday, September 17, 2014.
- 10th Annual Northern California Premium Sake Fest October 9th
The 10th Annual Northern California Premium Sake Fest, benefiting the UC Davis Children's Hospital Pediatric Heart Center, will be held on Thursday, Oct. 9, from 6-9 p.m. at the Sheraton Grand Sacramento Hotel.
- Young Man Found Dead on Sidewalk
On Sunday, September 14, 2014 at approximately 9:17 p.m., Sacramento Police Officers were dispatched to Franklin Boulevard at the request of the Sacramento Fire Department
- Young Adult Bereavement Art Group
The UC Davis Hospice Program and UC Davis Children's Hospital Bereavement Program will offer an eight-week Young Adult Bereavement Art Group for individuals 17 to 24
- Sacramento Kings to Retire Jersey of Peja Stojakovic
The Sacramento Kings announced today that the #16 jersey of three-time NBA All-Star and NBA Champion Peja Stojakovic will be retired
- California Statewide Fire Summary (9.17.14)
This morning nearly 6,500 local, federal and CAL FIRE firefighters are on the frontlines of 11 major wildfires burning across California.
- 23 Year Old Jailed in Expressway Murder
Joe Miles, 23, was booked into the Sacramento County Jail last night, September 14, 2014
- Drug Take Back Day September 27th in Sacramento
The Sacramento County Sheriff's Department will partner with the Drug Enforcement Agency for the ninth time and collect potentially dangerous, expired, unused, and unwanted prescription drugs
- Gas Prices Push Lower
Average retail gasoline prices in Sacramento have fallen 5.5 cents per gallon in the past week, averaging $3.70/g yesterday
- Multiple Sclerosis: Sleep Disorders Widely Undiagnosed
In what may be the largest study of sleep problems among individuals with multiple sclerosis (MS), researchers at UC Davis have found that widely undiagnosed sleep disorders