Sacramento News Headlines
- Grateful Dead: U.S. Blues
Duke University in April 1978 would find an energized Grateful Dead ripping through a high energy version of U.S. Blues.
- Don't Drink and Drive: Uber Serves Up Free Alternative
CHP North Sacramento is again partnering with Uber, the app that connects riders and drivers, to offer free rides to new users.
- 56 Year Old Killed in Single Car Collision
On June 29, 2015 at approximately 6:12 p.m., a 56 year old male, from Sacramento, was driving a 1992 Chevrolet Blazer and entering I-5 from Arena Blvd.
- California Website Portal Aims for Business Owners
As part of an ongoing effort to provide more on-line tools to businesses, the Governor's Office of Business and Economic Development (GO-Biz) today announced the launch of the California Business Portal
- Sacramento Opens Cooling Centers in Extreme Heat
These faith based and non-profit organizations have opened their doors as cooling centers so people can get in out of the heat.
- Honda Accord Hybrid: Best of the Best
For all Accord models, the major attributes continue to be superior fuel economy, roomy interior, strong acceleration, and good handling
- Grateful Dead: Truckin' at Levi's Stadium
Truckin' opened the Fare Thee Well Run in Santa Clara, CA at Levi's Stadium on June 27, 2015
- Dipping Gas Prices Boost Summer Travel Spirits
Average retail gasoline prices in Sacramento have fallen 4.2 cents per gallon in the past week
- Sacramento Men Gruesomely Murdered in Roseville
The men, identified as Warren Alexander Galsote, 34, and Jason John Benson, 33, both of Sacramento, were found by a resident in the 3700 block of Annabelle Avenue
- Measure Introduced to Preserve Integrity of Jessica's Law
Senator Sharon Runner (R-Antelope Valley) announced she is authoring legislation that would make sex-offender residency restrictions more workable
- Pedestrian Dies After Being Hit on Alta Arden Expressway
On June 24, 2015, at 11:30 p.m., a 62 year old male driver from Folsom, was driving a 2013 Volkswagen Jetta eastbound on Alta Arden Expressway, in the right lane
- Junior Achievement Names Susan Nelson as President
Junior Achievement of Sacramento Board of Directors are proud to announce that Susan Nelson will take over as President effective July 1, 2015
- Woman Killed in Accident on Roseville Road
The right front passenger of Mr. Huckabay's vehicle was transported to Mercy San Juan Hospital where she succumbed to her injuries
- Mazda6 Impresses: There's a Lot to Like
The 2016 Mazda6 is a fine midsize sedan with a lot of enviable qualities, which include affordability, styling, family-friendly interior space, plus solid fuel economy and performance
- Climate Change Threatening California Trout?
North America's native trout populations continue to face serious threats, and some species are perilously close to extinction, according to a comprehensive new report
- Whole Foods Under Fire: Systemic Overcharging Alleged
An investigation in California, which began in 2012, also found pricing irregularities in the state's Whole Foods stores. City Attorneys for Santa Monica, Los Angeles, and San Diego brought a civil consumer protection case
- Folsom, Sacramento Reach Settlement on Mather Airport Expansion
Folsom, CA - The City of Folsom and Sacramento County announced a settlement today over plans to expand Mather Airport.
- Runner Calls for Aggressive Regulation of Medical Marijuana
As a lifelong conservative, I'm no fan of government regulation. Even so, I'm convinced it's time for California to aggressively regulate the medical marijuana industry
- Medical Marijuana Is Here to Stay - It's Time to Regulate It Accordingly
George Runner's call for the creation of state and federal regulations to oversee the production and distribution of cannabis for therapeutic purposes is long overdue
- 4 Indicted in Meth and Marijuana Trafficking Ring
federal grand jury returned an 11-count indictment against Epati Malauulu, 40, of Suisun City; John Ortiz, 43, of Vallejo; Algernon Tamasoa, 26, of Sacramento; and Francisco Poloai, 43, of Dixon
- Sacramento Health Programs to Get Budget Boost
The Budget increases spending on homeless services, health care for undocumented immigrants, mental health, and funding a new multi-disciplinary initiative to reduce disproportional African-American child deaths
- Emergency Regulation for Dead and Dying Trees
The California Board of Forestry and Fire Protection adopted an emergency regulation for the removal of dead and dying trees
- Woman Bicyclist Killed by Hit and Run Driver in Rio Linda
67 year old, female bicyclist was legally riding her bicycle in the bike lane southbound on Dry Creek Road south of G Street
- Sacramento Gas Prices: Where Are the Best Deals?
Average retail gasoline prices in Sacramento have fallen 3.8 cents per gallon in the past week, averaging $3.26/g yesterday, according
- Katie is an Incredible Young Lady
Cherise Gruber first learned about this column through her mother, Tommi McLaughlin, who I featured months ago and who has multiple sclerosis
- Teen Killed at Party in Rancho Cordova
At approximately 11:20pm last night (June 20, 2015), the Rancho Cordova Police Department responded to multiple noise complaints regarding a loud party within the 3600
- Pop-Up Dog Park in Midtown Sacramento
Midtown Business Association's Pop-Up Dog Park To "Pop Up" Twice This Summer
- Sacramento SPCA to Serve as Folsom's New Animal Shelter
Folsom, CA - Beginning July 1, the Sacramento SPCA will serve as the new animal shelter for the City of Folsom.
- Terminator Genisys in IMAX 3D
The highly anticipated next chapter in the Terminator franchise, Terminator Genisys: An IMAX 3D Experience opens at the Esquire IMAX Theatre on June 30 at 7 p.m
- Child Predators Targeted in Operation Brokenheart II
The Sacramento Internet Crimes against Children (ICAC) task force along with ICAC task forces around the country took part in "Operation Brokenheart II"; a nationwide effort
- Audi A3: A Smart, Compact Luxury Model
The Audi A3 convertible - called the Cabriolet - was driven here and was totally enjoyable, especially on a spur-of the-moment drive to beautiful Lake Tahoe.
- NextEd CEO Steps Down
After nine years as CEO of NextEd, Dave Butler is leaving his position to become Vice President at Advocacy and Management Group, a Sacramento based firm offering
- El Dorado County Board Appoints Interim CAO
The El Dorado County Board of Supervisors has appointed Larry Combs as interim chief administrative officer on a unanimous vote in closed session
- Senior Water Rights Curtailed in Delta, San Joaquin & Sacramento Watersheds
The State Water Resources Control Board (State Water Board) announced that there is insufficient water available for
- Ronald Reagan Statue Unveiling in Sacramento
The Ronald Reagan Centennial Capitol Foundation will unveil a memorial Statue of President Ronald Reagan in California's State Capitol
- U.S. Senior Open: Traffic and Parking Information
With the 2015 U.S. Senior Open Championship about to start in less than one week, local residents are reminded that there will be changes in normal traffic patterns around the Del Paso County Club
- Woman Found Shot Dies at Hospital
Officers arrived at the apartment complex to find the victim, a female in her 40's, lying in a bedroom, who had sustained a gunshot wound
- Thunder Valley Casino Resort Celebrates 12 Year Anniversary
June marks Thunder Valley Casino Resort's 12th anniversary and the AAA Four Diamond resort is celebrating over a decade of success all month long.
- Pets and Summer Tips for Your Furry Friends
Pets must be left at home rather than left in your car in the heat," says Leilani Fratis, CEO at Placer SPCA. "Too often, there are stories of pets being
- 50 Days of the Grateful Dead: Cassidy
October 31, 1980 version of the Grateful Dead playing the John Barlow and Bob Weir classic, Cassidy, at Radio City Music Hall.