Sacramento News Headlines
- Man Stabbed to Death on Florin Road
At approximately 8:00PM tonight, March 7, 2014, Sacramento Sheriff 's Department patrol deputies responded to the 5600 block of Florin Road in response to a stabbing just-occurred.
- Police Seek Florin Road Murder Suspect
The Sacramento County Sheriff's Department is seeking the public's assistance in locating Dinette Eugene Patterson (pictured) in connection to the stabbing death that occurred in the 5600 block of Florin Road
- TahoeSkiWorld.com Covers Lake Tahoe
Jeffrey Weidel has recently introduced a new website TahoeSkiWorld.com that provides stories, photos, videos and social media coverage of Lake Tahoe's 15 diverse ski resorts.
- 57 Year Old Arrested for Gross Vehicular Manslaughter While Intoxicated
The Sacramento Police Department has arrested Floyd Martin, 57, for Gross Vehicular Manslaughter While Intoxicated.
- California's Gas Tax Nightmare
California taxpayers don't have to fall sleep to have a nightmare. They experience one each and every day when they encounter a costly, confusing and constantly-changing tax system.
- Drexel Graduates Launch The Koci Group
SACRAMENTO, CA - They attended graduate school together and became close friends. Now Addie Ellis and David Inniss are sharing one more thing: a business.
- Local Dutch Bros. Coffee Helps Support Food Banks
SACRAMENTO, Calif. - On Valentine's Day, the Auburn, Citrus Heights, Davis, Fair Oaks, Rocklin, Sacramento and Woodland communities banded together to raise 14,443 pounds of non-perishable food for local food banks.
- Bidding Wars: Home Buying Competition Heats Up
Bidding Wars: Sacramento Area Realtor, Julie Jalone, writes about the local housing market and the increased competition buyer offers are receiving. If you are a seller can you expect multiple offers and if you are buyer what are your chances your offer will be accepted?
- Detectives: Man Killed By Police Wanted To End Life
The decedent from the officer-involved shooting in Antelope early Sunday morning (March 2, 2014), has been identified as Ryan Matthew Shannon, 41, of Antelope, CA.
- Rio Linda Carjacking Suspect Arrested
Deputies received updated information that a vehicle matching the description of the carjacked vehicle had been involved in a single-vehicle accident at 9th Street and Elverta Road in Rio Linda
- Legislation Aims to Refund Illegal Taxes in California
George Runner announced he is sponsoring legislation to extend common sense protections to taxpayers. Two identical measures, AB 2510 (Wagner) and SB 1327 (Knight), would require the state to provide a full refund to all individuals
- Pedestrian Killed Crossing Zinfandel Drive
At approximately 6:00pm on Sunday, March 2, 2014, the Rancho Cordova Police Department Traffic Unit responded to multiple calls of a vehicle versus a pedestrian collision on Zinfandel Drive, north of Frogs Leap Drive
- Toyota Avalon: 'Sleeper' Among Full-Size Sedans
The Toyota Avalon has always been viewed here as a "sleeper." Although it's an impressive full-size sedan, the Avalon seems to fly under the radar year after year.
- Gas Prices Continue To Push Higher
Sacramento, CA - Average retail gasoline prices in Sacramento have risen 6.8 cents per gallon in the past week, averaging $3.64/g yesterday, according to
- Parents Arrested Following Baby's Death
The Sacramento Police Department has arrested Anthony Mial, 57, and Felecia Williams, 36, for felony child endangerment related to the death of their 3-month-old infant.
- 24 Year Old Inmate Dies in Custody
Shortly after 1:00AM on the morning of February 25, 2014, a twenty-four year old male inmate died from medical related issues while at the hospital.
- Self Defense with Concealed Firearm Leads to Jail
Damon Gardner was sentenced to 30 days in jail and placed him on three years informal probation after he pled guilty to a misdemeanor charge of carrying a concealed firearm
- Police Kill Gun Wielding Man on Don Julio Boulevard
At approximately 2:15am, the Sacramento Sheriff's Communications Center began receiving multiple calls reporting citizens hearing gunshots in area of 4000 Antelope Road.
- Bicyclist Critically Injured: Public Assistance Needed
For unknown reasons, the bicyclist fell from his bicycle and struck his head. He was transported to Mercy San Juan Medical Hospital with major head trauma and is listed in critical condition
- Governor Brown Appoints Former U.S. Ambassador
Bolstering the state's efforts to grow international business opportunities for California's companies, Governor Edmund G. Brown Jr. has established the California International Trade and Investment
- Teen Helps Others with Autism
Rather than be interviewed over the telephone for this column, 17-year-old Meghan Rodo of Reisterstown, Maryland, chose email.
- Johnny Cash Trail Groundbreaking in Folsom
Cindy Cash will be on hand as Folsom breaks ground for the Johnny Cash Trail, including a prison-themed bicycle/pedestrian bridge over busy Folsom Lake Crossing Road.
- Folsom Lake Tops 1976-77 Drought Levels
While there hasn't been much good news during the current California drought, there are some hopeful signs.
- Guilty Pleas in Counterfeit Viagra and Cialis Case
Rickey Lee Campbell, 60, of Sacramento, pleaded guilty recently to conspiracy to traffic in counterfeit goods.
- Kaiser Permanente Offers Screenings for Free Cataract Surgeries
Kaiser Permanente physicians and staff in Sacramento will offer screenings for area residents who may be eligible for free cataract surgeries that will be performed this spring.
- 25 Year Old Killed in Motorcycle Accident
Mohammed Khan, a 25 year old from Sacramento was riding a red 2009 Buell 1125R motorcycle on northbound Walerga Road south of Shandwick Drive at a high rate of speed.
- Pain at the Pump as Gas Prices Jump
Average retail gasoline prices in Sacramento have risen 7.7 cents per gallon in the past week, averaging $3.55/g yesterday, according to GasBuddy's daily survey of 720 gas outlets
- New California Laws for 2014 (Part 39)
Part 39 in the series of new California laws for 2014 includes search warrants, health care coverage, controlled substances, veterans, horse racing and more.
- 36 Year Old Arrested on Murder Charges
Kevin Cottle, 36, of North Highlands has been arrested and booked at the Sacramento County Main Jail on charges of murder.
- Sacramento Jobs Available Now
Sacramento area job openings for the week ending March 1, 2014.
- Man Convicted of Killing Uncle Faces 50 to Life
Jerry King was convicted by jury for the first degree murder of his 50-year-old uncle, Willis Griffin. The jury also found true that King personally discharged a 7mm rifle that caused the death of Griffin.
- Casella Not Ready to Give Up
Mario Casella sleeps outside under the stars in Texas, getting through the night in a sleeping bag and doing what he can to survive.
- Wasted: The Truth about Underage Drinking in Sacramento
Local students who are dedicated to reducing minors' access to alcohol and curbing underage drinking are rolling out the red carpet for the debut of Wasted: The Truth about Underage Drinking in Sacramento
- 33 Year Old Murdered in North Highlands
At approximately 8:10 PM on February 20, 2014, the Sacramento Sheriff's Department responded to the area of Cornelia Way and Bruce Way in regards to a reported stabbing.
- Hyundai Sonata: Top of Midsize Sedans?
Hyundai Sonata- The folks at Hyundai weren't satisfied resting on their laurels with the 2014 Hyundai Sonata.
- New California Laws for 2014 (Part 38)
Part 38 in the series of new California laws for 2014 includes miltary service benefits, Global Warming Solutions Act, telecommunications, unemployment compensation and more.
- New California Laws for 2014 (Part 37)
Part 37 in the series of new California laws for 2014 includes DUI search warrants, employment retaliation, CalFresh, advertising, pest control, real estate records and more.
- Crossroads Diversified Services Appoints New CFO
Crossroads Diversified Services Appoints Joe DeBiasio as new Chief Financial Officer.
- More Home Sellers Are Buying Again
Julie Jalone of MagnumOne Realty, writes about a recent survey of home sellers which reveals some very positive trends in our housing market.
- Accident in Roseville Jams Traffic
Traffic is still very heavy at the intersection of Douglas Blvd. and Sunrise Blvd in Roseville due to an earlier 2 car accident.