Sacramento News Headlines
- Man Who Killed Father Sentenced to Prison
Daniel Cartwright has been sentenced to 40 years to life in prison for murdering his father.
- Business Executive Fighting Lou Gehrig's Disease
About five years ago, Todd Neva, now of Hancock, Michigan, began having trouble lifting his daughter from her car seat. Over time,
- 396 Years to Life for Roaming Rapist
Dereck Jermaine Sanders known as the Roaming Rapist has been sentenced to 396 years to life in prison.
- Officer Involved in Strathmore Way Shooting
At approximately 12:30am this morning (December 20, 2014), the Sacramento Sheriff's Department patrol deputies responded to a suspicious circumstance call within the 4100 block of Strathmore Way
- Coping with Holiday Stress
Holidays can be filled with joy, laughter, family and good friends. But for some, the holidays bring on additional stress and seasonal "blues."
- DUI Checkpoint Set for North Sacramento
The California Highway Patrol (CHP), North Sacramento Area, announces a Driving Under the Influence (DUI) Sobriety Checkpoint to be held on Friday, December 19, 2014
- New Pediatric Pulmonary Hypertension Clinic
Pediatric pulmonary hypertension patients in the Sacramento region can now get the specialty care that they need close to home, thanks to the new pulmonary hypertension clinic
- New Low Down Payment Mortgages: As Low As 3 Percent
Sacramento Area Realtor, Julie Jalone of MagnumOne Realty, writes about new low down payment loans being backed by Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.
- Gun Murders Declining, Not Increasing
While the overall death rate from firearm violence has remained unchanged for more than a decade, the patterns for suicide and homicide have changed dramatically
- Shocking Find in Placer County Storage Unit: Human Remains
A woman called the Placer County Sheriff's Office to report a foul odor coming from an abandoned storage unit that she had just purchased through an auction
- You Better Watch Out, I'm Telling You Why
you are celebrating with alcohol this holiday season, Sacramento County Law Enforcement Agencies have a message for you
- $1 Million for Telemedicine Vs. Phone Study
The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services has awarded a $1,198,384 grant to UC Davis pediatrician James Marcin to investigate how telemedicine consultations
- Report: Strong Start for Sacramento Arena Project
Members of the Sacramento First Community Advisory Council (Sacramento First) announced progress towards achieving key job and contracting metrics related to construction
- Walerga Road Shooting Leaves One Dead
Sacramento County Sheriff Homicide Detectives are investigating a homicide that occurred last night within the 6800 block of Walerga Road.
- Man Shot to Death on Church Avenue
Sacramento County Sheriff's Detectives are investigating a homicide that occurred within the 2300 block of Church Avenue near Bell Street.
- Drexel Undergraduates Eligible for Cal Grants
SACRAMENTO - Undergraduate students interested in attending Drexel University Sacramento now have one more reason to consider enrolling - the university is now Cal Grant eligible.
- Nobel Prize Winner to Speak at MIND Institute
Thomas C. Sdhof, recipient of the 2013 Nobel Prize in Physiology and Medicine, will address his research on how defects in a 'glue' that binds together proteins at the neuronal synapses may play a role in the etiology of autism spectrum disorder
- Historic Old Sacramento Foundation is Now Hiring
Looking for an interactive, engaging and fun part-time job in 2015? The Historic Old Sacramento Foundation (HOSF) is currently accepting applications for paid tour guide positions
- The New Year with the Walking Sticks
The Sacramento Walking Sticks will be hosting newly designed walks on New Year's Eve and New Year's Day for everyone to join in on.
- Sinking Gas Prices Bring Joy for Holiday Travelers
Average retail gasoline prices in Sacramento have fallen 6.7 cents per gallon in the past week, averaging $2.79/g yesterday
- Father and Son Navigate Autism
"Jason" became personally acquainted with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) when his child, "Tommy," was diagnosed at 4. Jason, which wasn't his real name
- 54 Year Old Inmate Dies in Cell
Sacramento, CA -- Shortly after 3:30AM this morning, December 14, 2014, a fifty-four year old male inmate died while inside of his cell.
- Mazda CX-9: Solid Choice Among Large SUVs
The Mazda CX-9 has gained appeal over the years because it's always been considered refined, stylist, and from this vantage point, never as luminous in appearance
- 3 Family Members Jailed in Murder of 77 Year Old
Sandy George, 35, Michael Moreno, 37, and Kevin Moreno, 19 were booked for homicide in the death of 77-year-old Leo Curry Jr..
- Hobbit Trilogy Marathon Soldout
The Esquire IMAX Theatre will host 382 guests Monday, Dec. 15 for the Hobbit trilogy marathon. Culminating in one of the first showings of the final installment, The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies.
- Preeclampsia Associated with Autism Risk
Children with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) were more than twice as likely to have been exposed in utero to preeclampsia, and the likelihood of an autism diagnosis
- Palmiter Wins Sacramento County Academic Bowl
Students participating in Sacramento County Office of Education (SCOE) special education and community school programs used their knowledge
- 21 Year Old Arrested on Child Porn Charge
Marcus Antonio Rubio, 21, was booked into the Sacramento County Main Jail yesterday evening on one felony count of possession of child pornography.
- 2 Found Dead Inside Kenneth Avenue Residence
Sacramento County Sheriff Detectives are investigating a case where two deceased bodies were found inside of a residence within the 5200 block of Kenneth Avenue
- UC Davis Children's Hospital Toy Drive
(SACRAMENTO, Calif.) -UC Davis Children's Hospital is hosting a holiday toy drive this month to help spread cheer to its patients and their families staying this holiday season.
- Sacramento Storm Information and Sandbags
A severe storm is predicted to bring heavy winds and rains which may cause power outages, localized flooding, downed trees and/or power lines.
- Infiniti QX70 won't appeal to all luxury SUV shoppers
2015 Infiniti QX70: Although considered a luxury crossover sport utility vehicle, a week with the 2015 Infiniti QX70 didn't quite meet expectations that come with a reputed "luxury" vehicle.
- Sacramento Storm Preparations Underway
The Sacramento Office of Emergency Services is coordinating with local service providers to prepare for the storm
- FBI Seeks Sacramento Area Fugitive
Otis Lee Cooper, 57. Cooper, formerly of Sacramento, is wanted for a federal violation of unlawful flight to avoid prosecution
- Cheapest Gas In Sacramento?
Average retail gasoline prices in Sacramento have fallen 3.6 cents per gallon in the past week, averaging $2.89/g yesterday, according to
- Miraculous Birth and Life of Johnson
An argument could be made that the life of 82-year-old Gail Johnson has been a miracle from beginning to end.
- 25 Year Old Jailed for Blackfoot Way Murder
Sean Gregory Sandlin, 25, of Citrus Heights was arrested and booked into the Sacramento County Main Jail on a charge of Murder.
- Diagnosis of Autism Lecture December 10th
Natacha Akshoomoff, UC San Diego associate professor of psychiatry, will discuss "How the diagnosis of autism helps us learn more about autism," during the December
- Christmas Memories December 6 & 13
On two special Saturdays in December, the community is invited to tour the majestic Governor's Mansion State Historic Park
- Sacramento Flood Advisory Issued
The National Weather Service in Sacramento has issued an Urban And Small Stream Flood Advisory for minor flooding of poor drainage areas in our region until 7:15 pm.