Sacramento News Headlines
- 2015 NBA Finals Schedule and Game Times
The NBA Finals kick-off on June 4, 2015 in Oakland with the Warriors favored to bring the championship back to Northern California after a decades long drought.
- San Andreas to Rock Theatres
Warner Bros. Pictures' San Andreas: An IMAX 3D Experience just added to the Esquire IMAX Theatre schedule.
- Space Microbes Project Encouraging for Spaceflight
Do microbes grow differently on the International Space Station than they do on Earth? Results from the growth of microbes collected by citizen scientists
- Hit and Run Kills 65 Year Old Man
The Sacramento Police Department is seeking the community's help with information regarding a fatal pedestrian collision.
- UC Davis School of Medicine 44th Commencement
More than 100 UC Davis School of Medicine students will be adding a prestigious "M.D." to their names following commencement ceremonies
- Pedestrian Hit on Madison Avenue in Carmichael Succumbs to Injuries
On May 27, 2015, at 10:29 p.m. Alan Spokely, a 72 year old white male driver from North Highlands, was driving a 2000 Chevrolet Silverado westbound on Madison Avenue
- Man Killed in Franklin Boulevard Shooting
Sacramento County Sheriff Detectives are investigating a shooting and homicide that occurred in the late evening hours of May 26, 2015, within the 6200 block of Franklin Boulevard.
- 50 Days of the Grateful Dead: Sugar Magnolia
In a nod to the recent Dear Jerry Celebration held at the Merriweather Post Pavilion and an online request, we step back in time 32 years to June 1983
- Lexus LS 460: Performance & Luxury
The 2015 Lexus LS 460 is rated among the quietest luxury sedans on the market. There's barely an audible sound when the ignition start button is engaged
- Shooting: Do You Know This Man?
The listed subject was in the area of a shooting incident in the parking lot of Coloma Road and Folsom Blvd between the Kentucky Fried Chicken and See's Candy business'.
- Lowest Prices in Sacramento
Average retail gasoline prices in Sacramento have fallen 3.9 cents per gallon in the past week, averaging $3.50/g yesterday, according to a survey of 720 gas outlets in Sacramento.
- American Pediatric Society Council Elects Robin Steinhorn
Robin Steinhorn, chair of the Department of Pediatrics and medical director of UC Davis Children's Hospital, has been elected to the American Pediatric Society (APS) Council.
- 21 Year Old Arrested in Bannister Park Murder Case
Elijah Ray Lambert, 21, of Sacramento, was arrested and booked into the Sacramento County Main Jail on a charge of homicide
- Wizard World Comic Con Sacramento: June 19-21
Wizard World Comic Con Sacramento takes place June 19-21, 2015 at the Sacramento Convention Center.
- Memorial Day Weekend : All Aboard as Railroad Season Begins
When the whistle blows Memorial Day weekend it will be full steam ahead this summer aboard the historic Virginia & Truckee Railroad, Nevada's authentic train ride
- Sacramento Government Ethics, Transparency, and Reforms
Public forum to examine ethics, transparency and redistricting reforms for Sacramento will be held
- Man Shot to Death near Bannister Park
Sacramento County Sheriff Homicide Detectives are investigating a homicide that occurred in the late evening hours of May 22, 2015
- Memorial Day Weekend Safety Tips
Sacramento - With great weather expected across most of the Golden State this holiday weekend, CAL FIRE urges everyone to use caution
- 7 Museums Offer Free Admission to Military and Families
Seven Sacramento area museums will participate in Blue Star Museums, a collaboration among the National Endowment for the Arts, Blue Star Families
- Sacramento Read to the Rhythm Summer Reading Challenge
Summer Reading is an annual celebration of reading across the country. This year's theme is "Read to the Rhythm."
- Knife Wielding Suspect Shot by Police
On Thursday, May 21, 2015, at approximately 6:13 p.m., Sacramento Police and Sacramento Fire personnel were in the 900 block of I Street
- Police Kill Man After Being Threatened with Gun
The 42-year-old suspect confronted the officer with a handgun, pointing the weapon toward the officer.
- Memorial Day Weekend DUI Crackdown
The Avoid the 15 DUI Task Force is deploying officers this holiday weekend at DUI/Drivers License Checkpoints and DUI Saturation Patrols countywide
- SCOE Teacher of the Year: Marsha Cornwell, Special Education Instructor
Special Education teacher Marsha Cornwell isn't used to having many adults in her classroom, but on May 22, it was filled with administrators and colleagues bearing balloons, flowers, and good news (ATOU Cares.org)
- Murder Suspects Sought in Lincoln Village Drive Slaying
Sacramento County Sheriff Homicide Detectives are seeking the public's assistance in identifying two suspects and their vehicle from a homicide that
- Kidney Cancer Secrets Revealed?
An international team of scientists, led by UC Davis nephrologist Robert Weiss, have used a sophisticated combination of proteomics and metabolomics to show how renal
- Raley's and iFoster Launch Foster Youth Hiring Program
iFoster has partnered with Raley's Family of Fine Stores to develop a new hiring program for foster youth.
- Scion tC features sports-car like qualities
Scion has produced a value-oriented coupe that's a good substitute for a traditional sports car.
- Sacramento Valley National Cemetery Memorial Day Program
A Memorial Day Program to honor those who paid the ultimate sacrifice in service to our nation.
- Sacramento Gas Prices: Find the Best Deals
Sacramento gas prices remained flat this past week. Find the best deals in Sacramento.
- Sacramento Neighborhoods Sprayed with Dangerous Pesticides?
Sacramento Residential Neighborhoods Sprayed Repeatedly with Pesticides Linked to Cancer, Neurological Disorders and Lethal to Honeybees
- 6 Factors That Make For Extraordinary Friendships
Research Reveals Great Friends Lead To Good Health, But That's Just A Byproduct, Author Says
- Sacramento County Fair Gets TV Spotlight
Sacramento County Fair Featured on Cooking Chanel and Food Network
- Hemp: Beloved George Washington Would Be Serving Time
If George Washington were alive today he would be arrested. Because besides being the "father of our country", hero of the Revolutionary War and our first president, George was a hemp grower.
- Man Killed in Shooting on Lincoln Village Drive
The Rancho Cordova Police Department received multiple reports of gunshots fired in the area within the 9800 block of Lincoln Village Drive
- Disney's Tomorrowland in IMAX 3D
From Disney comes two-time Oscar winner Brad Bird's riveting, mystery adventure Tomorrowland: An IMAX 3D Experience, starring Academy Award
- 5 Skills Adolescents Need for a Successful and Satisfying Life
"During the physical, emotional and intellectual explosions of the adolescent years, it's critical that teenagers develop a belief in their own ability to succeed
- Newest Urban Farm in West Sacramento
Raley's Family of Fine Stores and the Center for Land-Based Learning have partnered on the groundbreaking of the Food for Families Urban Farm.
- Rules of Marriage Ripe for Change?
Open relationships are popular among some, and new research suggests why.
- Volkswagen Touareg: Classy and Loaded Performer
The 2015 Volkswagen Touareg features a classy look, a smartly-designed interior, plenty of performance, and is loaded with standard features