New California Laws for 2013 (Part 12)
Part 12 in our ongoing series highlighting the new California laws for 2013.
The California Legislature passed over 800 new laws for California residents and business and this series breaks downs those laws into digestible portions to help keep residents better informed. Readers can stop by and quickly scan a segment of new laws to learn what may impact them. Links to the legislature's full text of each new law will be also be included.
We invite your feedback to let us know what you think of this series.
California's New Laws for 2013 - Segment 12
- AB 1700 - Property taxation, change in ownership, exclusion, cotenancy interests.
- AB 1701 - Underground storage tanks, local agencies.
- AB 1705 - Pupil assessment, high school exit examination, eligible pupils with disabilities.
- AB 1706 - Vehicles, transit bus weight.
- AB 1707 - Child Abuse Central Index.
- AB 1708 - Allows California drivers to show proof of active vehicle insurance coverage using a mobile electronic device, such as a smart phone.
- AB 1710 - Nursing home administrators, fees and fines.
- AB 1712 - Minors and non-minor dependents, out-of-home placement.
- AB 1713 - Child abuse reporting.
- AB 1715 - Underground storage tanks, tank case closure.
- AB 1718 - Real estate broker licenses.
- AB 1719 - Supplemental instructional materials, English language development: mathematics.
- AB 1720 - Service of process, private investigators.
- AB 1723 - Postsecondary educational institutions, meetings, live video and audio transmission.
- AB 1724 - Voting, polling place procedures.
- AB 1727 - Support orders, termination.
- AB 1729 - Pupil rights, suspension or expulsion, alternatives and other means of correction.
- AB 1731 - Newborn screening program, critical congenital heart disease.
- AB 1732 - Pupils, suspension or expulsion, bullying, impersonation.
- AB 1733 - Health.
- AB 1739 - Morale, Welfare, and Recreation Fund, Veterans' Home Allied Council, operation of facilities and activities.
- AB 1743 - Student athletes, scholarships.
- AB 1744 - Employee compensation, itemized statements.
All of California's Laws may be accessed via the State Legislature website.