New California Laws for 2013 (Part 14)
Part 14 in our ongoing series highlighting the new California laws for 2013. This segment includes Social media privacy, Unemployment compensation, Alcoholic beverages, Sex offenders and more.
The California Legislature passed over 800 new laws for California residents and business and this series breaks downs those laws into digestible portions to help keep residents better informed. Readers can stop by and quickly scan a segment of new laws to learn what may impact them. Links to the legislature's full text of each new law will be also be included.
We invite your feedback to let us know what you think of this series.
California's New Laws for 2013 - Segment 14
- AB 1812 - Alcoholic beverages, beer.
- AB 1817 - Child abuse reporting.
- AB 1821 - Security personnel, firearm qualification cards.
- AB 1822 - California Architects Board.
- AB 1823 - Veterans' homes, accounting for charges.
- AB 1824 - Bail.
- AB 1830 - Water service, mobile home parks.
- AB 1835 - Sex offenders.
- AB 1838 - Common interest developments, association records.
- AB 1839 - Veterinary medicine, veterinary assistants.
- AB 1842 - California Central Coast State Veterans Cemetery, Endowment Fund.
- AB 1844 - Social media privacy.
- AB 1845 - Unemployment compensation benefits, overpayment assessments, termination, income tax withholding.
- AB 1846 - Consumer operated and oriented plans.
- AB 1847 - City of Long Beach, grant of public trust lands.
- AB 1851 - County, city, and district initiative petitions.
- AB 1854 - Vehicles, inflatable restraint systems.
- AB 1855 - Employment, contractors, sufficient funds.
- AB 1856 - Foster care services, cultural competency.
- AB 1859 - School facilities, charter schools.
All of California's Laws may be accessed via the State Legislature website.