New California Laws for 2013 (Part 17)
Part 17 in our ongoing series highlighting the new California laws for 2013. This segment includes Reverse mortgages, Prostitution, human trafficking, contempt of court, domestic violence, sexual activity with detained persons and more.
The California Legislature passed over 800 new laws for California residents and business and this series breaks downs those laws into digestible portions to help keep residents better informed. Readers can stop by and quickly scan a segment of new laws to learn what may impact them. Links to the legislature's full text of each new law will be also be included.
We invite your feedback to let us know what you think of this series.
California's New Laws for 2013 - Segment 17
- AB 2009 - Communicable disease, vaccinations.
- AB 2010 - Reverse mortgages, counseling.
- AB 2012 - Economic Development and International Trade.
- AB 2015 - Criminal procedure, telephone calls, arrested custodial parents.
- AB 2019 - Foster care.
- AB 2020 - Vehicles, driving under the influence, chemical tests. States that a person arrested on suspicion of DUI will no longer be given the option of a urine test.
- AB 2026 - Income taxes, credits, film, extension.
- AB 2029 - Bail Fugitive Recovery Persons Act.
- AB 2030 - Building standards, press boxes.
- AB 2035 - Electronic benefits transfer cards.
- AB 2040 - Prostitution, human trafficking, expungement.
- AB 2041 - Regulations, adoption, disability access.
- AB 2046 - Property taxation, change in ownership, exclusion, floating homes.
- AB 2051 - Contempt of court, domestic violence.
- AB 2055 - Search warrants, tracking devices.
- AB 2060 - Juveniles, educational decisions.
- AB 2062 - Political Reform Act of 1974, statements of economic interests, electronic filing.
- AB 2066 - Residential care facilities for the elderly, revocation of licenses.
- AB 2068 - Vehicles, license plates, legislative and congressional members.
- AB 2069 - Workers' compensation, peace officer benefits.
- AB 2073 - Courts, electronic filing and service of documents.
- AB 2078 - Sexual activity with detained persons.
All of California's Laws may be accessed via the State Legislature website.