New California Laws for 2013 (Part 21)
Part 21 in our ongoing series highlighting the new California laws for 2013. This segment includes Vexatious litigants, Illegal Narcotics Growing Abatement, School employees, reemployment, Real property, blight and more.
The California Legislature passed over 800 new laws for California residents and business and this series breaks downs those laws into digestible portions to help keep residents better informed. Readers can stop by and quickly scan a segment of new laws to learn what may impact them. Links to the legislature's full text of each new law will be also be included.
We invite your feedback to let us know what you think of this series.
California's New Laws for 2013 - Segment 21
- AB 2273 - Common interest developments, required documents.
- AB 2274 - Vexatious litigants. Allows courts to dismiss meritless lawsuits that were filed only for the purpose of harassment or delay. This bill also closes a loophole in which vexatious litigants could avoid closer judicial scrutiny of their meritless lawsuits.
- AB 2278 - School districts, state administrators, evaluations.
- AB 2279 - School districts, emergency apportionments, trustees. Authorizes the State Superintendent of Public Instruction to remove a state-appointed trustee.
- AB 2280 - California Special Supplemental Food Program for Women, Infants and Children.
- AB 2284 - Irrigation. Illegal Narcotics Growing Abatement. Allows law enforcement to pull over vehicles on forest roads with visible irrigation supplies to question the driver. Law aims to stop irrigation of illegal marijuana grows.
- AB 2292 - Juveniles, reunification orders.
- AB 2296 - California Private Postsecondary Education Act of 2009.
- AB 2297 - California Retail Food Code, skilled nursing facilities, intermediate care facilities for the developmentally disabled.
- AB 2298 - Insurance, public safety employees, accidents.
- AB 2301 - California Insurance Guarantee Association, definitions.
- AB 2303 - Insurance omnibus.
- AB 2307 - School employees, reemployment.
- AB 2308 - Land use, housing element, regional housing need.
- AB 2314 - Real property, blight.
- AB 2315 - Governor's appointments, Office of Patient Advocate.
- AB 2322 - California Special Supplemental Food Program for Women, Infants, and Children.
- AB 2323 - State Board of Equalization, administration, opinions.
- AB 2326 - Execution of documents..
All of California's Laws may be accessed via the State Legislature website.