New California Laws for 2013 (Part 23)
Part 23 in our ongoing series highlighting the new California laws for 2013. This segment includes Military service protections, Victims of stalking, Public contracts, Indian Gaming, Inmates in labor and more.
The California Legislature passed over 800 new laws for California residents and business and this series breaks downs those laws into digestible portions to help keep residents better informed. Readers can stop by and quickly scan a segment of new laws to learn what may impact them. Links to the legislature's full text of each new law will be also be included.
California's New Laws for 2013 - Segment 23
- AB 2475 - Military service protections, real and personal property rights.
- AB 2476 - Veterans affairs. Service member obligations or liabilities, rate of interest.
- AB 2477 - Vehicles, commercial vehicles, video event recorders.
- AB 2478 - Student residency requirements, veterans. Expands the current exemption given to veterans from paying non-resident tuition at California Community Colleges by one year, as specified.
- AB 2483 - Victims of stalking, address confidentiality.
- AB 2488 - Vehicles, buses, length limitations.
- AB 2489 - Vehicles, license plates, obstruction or alteration.
- AB 2490 - Veterans, correctional counselors. Requires the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation to develop policies to assist veteran inmates in pursuing veteran's benefits.
- AB 2491 - Pupil instruction, gifted and talented pupil program, standard for pupil identification.
- AB 2492 - The False Claims Act.
- AB 2497 - California State University, Early Start Program.
- AB 2498 - Department of Transportation, Construction Manager/General Contractor project method.
- AB 2502 - Vehicles, conditional sale contracts.
- AB 2508 - Public contracts, public health agencies.
- AB 2509 - Surface mining and reclamation plans, exempted activities.
- AB 2515 - Indian gaming, local agencies.
- AB 2516 - Independent System Operator.
- AB 2519 - Real estate appraisers: licensing.
- AB 2520 - Horse racing, harness or quarter horses.
- AB 2521 - Landlord and tenant, personal property remaining on premises after termination of tenancy.
- AB 2530 - Inmates in labor. Use of leg irons, waist chains and handcuffs following the birth of a child.
All of California's Laws may be accessed via the State Legislature website.