New California Laws for 2013 (Part 24)
Part 24 in our ongoing series highlighting the new California laws for 2013. This segment includes state hospitals, pupil discipline, DUI, school districts, truancy and more.
The California Legislature passed over 800 new laws for California residents and business and this series breaks downs those laws into digestible portions to help keep residents better informed. Readers can stop by and quickly scan a segment of new laws to learn what may impact them. Links to the legislature's full text of each new law will be also be included.
California's New Laws for 2013 - Segment 24
- AB 2531 - State hospitals, prohibited items. Allows state hospitals to develop lists of contraband items, with input from patients and employees, to minimize dangers to staff and patients.
- AB 2537 - Pupil discipline, suspensions and expulsions.
- AB 2544 - Forestry and fire protection, land purchases and property use.
- AB 2548 - California Veterans Board.
- AB 2552 - Vehicles, driving under the influence, alcoholic beverage or drug.
- AB 2554 - Contractors.
- AB 2555 - Free or reduced-price meals, summer school session, waivers.
- AB 2559 - Local government, pipeline projects, approval.
- AB 2564 - Environmental quality, pipelines, project applicants.
- AB 2567 - Sewer collection agency, schedule of fees.
- AB 2570 - Licensees, settlement agreements.
- AB 2572 - Los Angeles Community College District, governing board elections.
- AB 2580 - Public contracts, job order contracting.
- AB 2583 - Alternatively fueled vehicles, state fleet, public parking.
- AB 2584 - Electrical corporation, investigations.
- AB 2608 - Medi-Cal, local educational agency billing option.
- AB 2609 - Fish and Game Commission.
- AB 2610 - Tenants, foreclosure and unlawful detainer.
- AB 2612 - Courts, witness fees.
- AB 2616 - School districts, truancy.
All of California's Laws may be accessed via the State Legislature website.