New California Laws for 2013 (Part 28)
Part 28 in our ongoing series highlighting the new California laws for 2013. This segment includes foreclosures, alcoholic beverages, sexually violent predators, public contracts and more.
The California Legislature passed over 800 new laws for California residents and business and this series breaks downs those laws into digestible portions to help keep residents better informed. Readers can stop by and quickly scan a segment of new laws to learn what may impact them. Links to the legislature's full text of each new law will be also be included.
California's New Laws for 2013 - Segment 28
- SB 730 - Claims against the state, appropriation.
- SB 736 - County road commissioner, Merced County.
- SB 754 - School funding, economic impact aid.
- SB 760 - Sexually violent predators, evaluations.
- SB 778 - Alcoholic beverages licensees, contests and sweepstakes.
- SB 803 - California Youth Leadership Project.
- SB 804 - Health care districts, transfers of assets.
- SB 807 - California State Military Law.
- SB 825 - Residential tenancies, foreclosures.
- SB 829 - Public contracts, public entities, project labor agreements.
- SB 863 - California Workers Compensation Reform Law.
- SB 874 - School districts, community college districts, parcel taxes, exemptions.
- SB 875 - Real estate licensees.
- SB 880 - Common interest developments, electric vehicle charging stations.
- SB 900 - California Homeowner Bill of Rights. Halts the "abusive tactics" of loan servicers and protects struggling homeowners who are trying, in good faith, to renegotiate their mortgages.
- SB 920 - Medi-Cal, hospitals.
- SB 921 - Military Department. Office of the Inspector General, California Military Whistleblower Protection Act.
- SB 923 - Retirement savings plans.
- SB 935 - Ballast water.
- SB 937 - Alcoholic beverages.
- SB 951 - Health care coverage, essential health benefits.
Follow and View the Entire Series of California's New Laws 2013.
All of California's Laws may be accessed via the State Legislature website.