New California Laws for 2013 (Part 35)
Part 35 in an ongoing series highlighting the new California laws for 2013. This segment includes unemployment benefits, 90 day prescriptions, child welfare, driverless cars, corporate taxes and more.
The California Legislature passed over 800 new laws for California residents and business and this series breaks downs those laws into digestible portions to help keep residents better informed. Readers can stop by and quickly scan a segment of new laws to learn what may impact them. Links to the legislature's full text of each new law will be also be included.
California's New Laws for 2013 - Segment 35
- SB 1287 - Sport fishing licenses. Requires the Department of Fish and Game to issue a reduced fee sport fishing license to active military personnel who are recovering service members.
- SB 1288 - Hunting licenses. Requires the Department of Fish and Game to issue a reduced hunting fee license to military personnel who are recovering service members.
- SB 1289 - Postsecondary education, private student loans.
- SB 1290 - Charter schools, establishment, renewal, and revocation.
- SB 1291 - Unemployment benefits, training, teacher credentialing.
- SB 1292 - School employees, principals, evaluation. Authorizes school districts to assess the performance of school principals and establishes provision to guide that evaluation process.
- SB 1294 - Public employee health benefits: Mariposa County.
- SB 1298 - Allows driverless cars to be operated on public roads for testing purposes if each vehicle has a fully licensed and bonded operator in the driver's seat to take control if necessary.
- SB 1299 - Victims of crime, compensation.
- SB 1301 - Prescription drugs, 90-day supply.
- SB 1303 - Vehicles, automated traffic enforcement systems.
- SB 1308 - Public Employment and Retirement. State human resources functions.
- SB 1309 - Human resources.
- SB 1315 - Imitation firearms, regulation, County of Los Angeles.
- SB 1316 - School attendance, early and middle college high schools.
- SB 1319 - Child welfare.
- SB 1327 - State government, business information, Internet website.
- SB 1329 - Prescription drugs, collection and distribution program.
- SB 1331 - County of San Diego Independent Redistricting Commission.
- SB 1339 - Commute benefit policies.
- SB 1341 - Corporation Tax Law, charitable corporations, exemptions, revocation.
All of California's Laws may be accessed via the State Legislature website.