New California Laws for 2014 (Part 3)
Part 3 in our annual series highlighting the new California laws for 2014. This segment includes assault weapons, education finance, property insurance, water treatment, fire safety, family law and more.
The California Legislature passes numerous laws each year for California residents and business and this series breaks downs those laws into digestible portions to help keep residents better informed. Readers can stop by and quickly scan a segment of new laws to learn what may impact them. Links to the legislature's full text of each new law will be also be included.
California's New Laws for 2014 - Part 3
- AB 0093 Ch. 69 * Economic development: taxation: credits,deductions, exemptions, and net operating losses. Effective July 11, 2013.
- AB 0094 Ch. 50 * Education finance: higher education. Effective July 01, 2013.
- AB 0097 Ch. 47 * School finance. Effective July 01, 2013.
- AB 0098 Ch. 27 * Property insurance: Seismic Safety Account. Effective June 27, 2013.
- AB 0101 Ch. 354 * Budget Act of 2013. Effective September 26, 2013.
- AB 0106 Ch. 355 * Economic development: taxation: credits. Effective September 26, 2013.
- AB 0110 Ch. 20 * Assembly Member Blumenfield Budget Act of 2013. Effective June 27, 2013.
- AB 0113 Ch. 3 * Budget Act of 2012. Effective May 01, 2013.
- AB 0115 Ch. 630 Assembly Member Perea Safe Drinking Water State Revolving Fund.
- AB 0116 Ch. 62 * Land use: subdivision maps: expiration dates. Effective July 11, 2013.
- AB 0117 Ch. 193 State government: financial and administrative accountability.
- AB 0118 Ch. 631 Safe Drinking Water State Revolving Fund.
- AB 0119 Ch. 403 Water treatment devices.
- AB 0120 Ch. 632 Underground storage tanks: school districts.
- AB 0121 Ch. 224 Counties: disposition of real property.
- AB 0123 Ch. 476 Pupil instruction: social sciences: farm labor movement: Filipinos.
- AB 0127 Ch. 579 Fire safety: fire retardants: building insulation.
- AB 0170 Ch. 729 Assault weapons and .50 BMG rifles.
- AB 0173 Ch. 262 Postsecondary education: Small Business Procurement and Contract Act.
- AB 0176 Ch. 263 Family law: protective and restraining orders.
(Laws marked with an * went into effect prior to 2014.)
Miss a Segment?
Follow the entire series online at New California Laws for 2014