New California Laws for 2014 (Part 5)
Part 5 in an ongoing series highlighting the new California laws for 2014. This segment includes dog park liability, bullying expulsion, restraining orders, floating home marinas, firearms and more.
The California Legislature passes numerous laws each year for California residents and business and this series breaks downs those laws into digestible portions to help keep residents better informed. Readers can stop by and quickly scan a segment of new laws to learn what may impact them. Links to the legislature's full text of each new law will be also be included.
California's New Laws for 2014 - Part 5
- AB 0231 Ch. 730 Firearms: criminal storage.
- AB 0234 Ch. 449 * Claims against the state: payment. Effective October 01, 2013.
- AB 0235 Ch. 122 * State claims. Effective August 19, 2013.
- AB 0238 Ch. 145 Protective and restraining orders:computer database system.
- AB 0240 Ch. 633 Mutual water companies.
- AB 0241 Ch. 374 Domestic work employees: labor standards.
- AB 0244 Ch. 690 Vehicles: license plates: veterans.
- AB 0246 Ch. 11 Local government: open meetings.
- AB 0247 Ch. 670 Personal income taxes: voluntary contribution: California Fund for Senior Citizens.
- AB 0250 Ch. 530 California Innovation Initiatives.
- AB 0253 Ch. 432 Floating home marinas: conversion:subdivision map requirements.
- AB 0254 Ch. 12 Registrar of voters: County of Modoc.
- AB 0256 Ch. 700 Pupils: grounds for suspension and expulsion: bullying.
- AB 0258 Ch. 227 State agencies: veterans.
- AB 0260 Ch. 731 Individualized county child care subsidy plans.
- AB 0261 Ch. 290 Residential care facilities for the elderly: fees and charges.
- AB 0263 Ch. 732 Employment: retaliation:immigration-related practices.
- AB 0265 Ch. 74 Local government liability: dog parks.
- AB 0266 Ch. 405 Vehicles: high-occupancy vehicle lanes.
- AB 0267 Ch. 123 Evidentiary privileges: lawyer referral service-client privilege.
(Laws marked with an * went into effect prior to 2014.)
Miss a Segment?
Follow the entire series online at New California Laws for 2014