New California Laws for 2014 (Part 7)
Part 7 in an ongoing series highlighting the new California laws for 2014. This segment includes Civil Liberties, Medi-Cal, Internet privacy, criminal background checks, personal income tax and more.
The California Legislature passes numerous laws each year for California residents and business and this series breaks downs those laws into digestible portions to help keep residents better informed. Readers can stop by and quickly scan a segment of new laws to learn what may impact them. Links to the legislature's full text of each new law will be also be included.
California's New Laws for 2014 - Part 7
- AB 0341 Ch. 585 Green building standards.
- AB 0346 Ch. 485 Runaway and homeless youth shelters.
- AB 0351 Ch. 450 Civil liberties: suspension of habeas corpus for American citizens.
- AB 0352 Ch. 292 Foster care: smoke-free environment.
- AB 0354 Ch. 265 Local ballot measures: impartial analysis.
- AB 0359 Ch. 549 Vehicle rental agreements: customer facility charge.
- AB 0361 Ch. 642 Medi-Cal: Health Homes for Medi-Cal Enrollees and Section 1115 Waiver Demonstration Populations with Chronic and Complex Conditions.
- AB 0362 Ch. 439 * Personal income taxes: exclusion: health insurance.Effective October 01, 2013.
- AB 0370 Ch. 390 Consumers: internet privacy.
- AB 0372 Ch. 75 Civil service: veterans' preference in hiring.
- AB 0373 Ch. 768 Public Employees' Long-Term Care Act.
- AB 0379 Ch. 137 Manufactured housing: removal.
- AB 0381 Ch. 99 Estates and trusts: undue influence and elder abuse.
- AB 0382 Ch. 326 State and local government: alternative investments: public access.
- AB 0383 Ch. 76 Maintenance of the codes.
- AB 0386 Ch. 363 Public postsecondary education: cross-enrollment: online education at the California State University.
- AB 0389 Ch. 701 Private schools: employees: criminal background checks.
- AB 0392 Ch. 77 State mandates: prorated claims.
- AB 0393 Ch. 124 Office of Business and Economic Development: Internet Web site.
- AB 0394 Ch. 671 Personal income tax: voluntary contributions: Alzheimer's disease.
(Laws marked with an * went into effect prior to 2014.)
Miss a Segment?
Follow the entire series online at New California Laws for 2014