New California Laws for 2014 (Part 10)
Part 10 in an ongoing series highlighting the new California laws for 2014. This segment includes Medi-Cal, Safe Schools Learning Act, Prisoner Literacy, Infant HIV testing, alcoholic beverages, firearms and more.
The California Legislature passes numerous laws each year for California residents and business and this series breaks downs those laws into digestible portions to help keep residents better informed. Readers can stop by and quickly scan a segment of new laws to learn what may impact them. Links to the legislature's full text of each new law will be also be included.
California's New Laws for 2014 - Part 10
- AB 0493 Ch. 79 Toll facilities.
- AB 0494 Ch. 784 Prisoners: literacy and education.
- AB 0497 Ch. 233 Fish and wildlife.
- AB 0498 Ch. 672 Medi-Cal.
- AB 0499 Ch. 158 Judicial proceedings: injunctions prohibiting harassment.
- AB 0500 Ch. 737 Firearms.
- AB 0501 Ch. 392 Vehicles.
- AB 0502 Ch. 531 Commercial law: secured transactions. Selected or all provisions operative July 1, 2014. Bill may contain other operative provisions.
- AB 0506 Ch. 153 HIV testing: infants.
- AB 0508 Ch. 234 Debt collection: homeless veterans.
- AB 0511 Ch. 451 Income taxes: voluntary contributions:American Red Cross, California Chapters Fund.
- AB 0512 Ch. 111 Healing arts: licensure exemption.
- AB 0513 Ch. 499 Tire recycling program: rubberized asphalt.
- AB 0514 Ch. 702 The Safe Schools for Safe Learning Act of 2013.
- AB 0522 Ch. 40 Civil actions: exceptions to dismissal for delay in prosecution.
- AB 0524 Ch. 572 Immigrants: extortion.
- AB 0525 Ch. 235 Alcoholic beverages: licenses: theaters.
- AB 0526 Ch. 236 Military service: benefits.
- AB 0528 Ch. 237 State Rail Plan and High-Speed Rail Authority business plan.
- AB 0529 Ch. 500 Vehicles: motor carriers: inspections and fees.
(Laws marked with an * went into effect prior to 2014.)
Miss a Segment?
Follow the entire series online at New California Laws for 2014