New California Laws for 2014 (Part 14)
Part 14 in an ongoing series highlighting the new California laws for 2014.
This segment includes cognitively impaired adults, inmates health care, voter education, hunting, veterans, human trafficking, suicide barriers and more.
The California Legislature passes numerous laws each year for California residents and business and this series breaks downs those laws into digestible portions to help keep residents better informed. Readers can stop by and quickly scan a segment of new laws to learn what may impact them. Links to the legislature's full text of each new law will be also be included.
California's New Laws for 2014 - Part 14
- AB 0685 Ch. 16 State goods: peace officer's state-issued handgun: spouse or domestic partner.
- AB 0691 Ch. 592 State lands: granted trust lands: sea level rise.
- AB 0694 Ch. 126 Admissibility of evidence: victims of human trafficking.
- AB 0700 Ch. 483 Pupil instruction: voter education.
- AB 0701 Ch. 393 General Subject: Local government finance: property tax revenue allocation:vehicle license fee adjustments: County of Orange.
- AB 0703 Ch. 267 Peace officers: firearms.
- AB 0707 Ch. 240 Vehicles.
- AB 0711 Ch. 742 Hunting: nonlead ammunition.
- AB 0717 Ch. 692 Veterans.
- AB 0719 Ch. 616 Energy: energy efficiency: street light pole.
- AB 0720 Ch. 646 Inmates: health care enrollment.
- AB 0721 Ch. 504 Controlled substances: transporting with intent to sell.
- AB 0722 Ch. 160 Vehicles: driver's licenses: medical examinations.
- AB 0727 Ch. 104 Public trust lands: dredging: notice and leases.
- AB 0730 Ch. 394 Transit District.
- AB 0743 Ch. 138 The Cortese-Knox-Hertzberg Local Government Reorganization Act of 2000.
- AB 0744 Ch. 647 Timber harvesting plans: exempt activities.
- AB 0748 Ch. 424 Judgments against a public entity:interest.
- AB 0752 Ch. 52 Work furlough: county jails.
- AB 0753 Ch. 708 * Cognitively impaired adults: caregiver resource centers. Effective October 10, 2013.
- AB 0754 Ch. 323 Income taxes: voluntary contributions: California Beach and Coastal Enhancement Account.
- AB 0755 Ch. 593 Suicide barriers.
(Laws marked with an * went into effect prior to 2014.)
Miss a Segment?
Follow the entire series online at New California Laws for 2014