New California Laws for 2014 (Part 17)
Part 17 in an ongoing series highlighting the new California laws for 2014.
This segment includes local gambling control, patient transfers, abortion clinics, criminal procedure, juvenile court records, Iranian sanctions and more.
The California Legislature passes numerous laws each year for California residents and business and this series breaks downs those laws into digestible portions to help keep residents better informed. Readers can stop by and quickly scan a segment of new laws to learn what may impact them. Links to the legislature's full text of each new law will be also be included.
California's New Laws for 2014 - Part 17
- AB 0971 Ch. 458 Public agency employers: paratransit providers: criminal history information.
- AB 0974 Ch. 711 Patient transfer: nonmedical reasons:notice to contact person or next of kin.
- AB 0978 Ch. 139 Financial institutions: Iran sanctions.
- AB 0979 Ch. 619 Peace officers: Maritime Peace Officer Standards Training Act of 2013.
- AB 0980 Ch. 663 Primary care clinics: abortion.
- AB 0984 Ch. 82 * The California Housing Finance Agency. Effective August 12, 2013.
- AB 0986 Ch. 788 Postrelease community supervision: flash incarceration: city jails.
- AB 0989 Ch. 459 State teachers' retirement: account statements.
- AB 1000 Ch. 620 Physical therapists: direct access to services: professional corporations.
- AB 1004 Ch. 460 Criminal procedure.
- AB 1005 Ch. 113 Judicial appointments: demographic data.
- AB 1006 Ch. 269 Juvenile court records: sealing and destruction.
- AB 1008 Ch. 311 * Alameda County Medical Center hospital authority.Effective September 13, 2013.
- AB 1019 Ch. 789 State prisons: correctional education and vocational training.
- AB 1024 Ch. 573 Attorneys: admission to practice.
- AB 1025 Ch. 712 Public postsecondary education: credit by examination.
- AB 1028 Ch. 301 Vocational nursing: interim permits.
- AB 1029 Ch. 105 Trusts and estates: allocations of receipts.
- AB 1030 Ch. 188 Community colleges: organization of governing boards: nonvoting student members.
- AB 1039 Ch. 745 Local gambling control.
- AB 1041 Ch. 677 Developmental services: Employment First Policy.
(Laws marked with an * went into effect prior to 2014.)
Miss a Segment?
Follow the entire series online at New California Laws for 2014