New California Laws for 2014 (Part 20)
Part 20 of new California laws for 2014 includes public records, bobcat protection, home care services, hazardous drugs, Medi-Cal, horse racing and more.
The California Legislature passes numerous laws each year for California residents and business and this series breaks downs those laws into digestible portions to help keep residents better informed. Readers can stop by and quickly scan a segment of new laws to learn what may impact them. Links to the legislature's full text of each new law will be also be included.
California's New Laws for 2014 - Part 20
- AB 1112 Ch. 595 Transportation transactions and use taxes: Bay Area.
- AB 1181 Ch. 305 Public employee organizations: members:paid leaves of absence.
- AB 1183 Ch. 18 Civil discovery: motion to compel further response.
- AB 1186 Ch. 506 *State Athletic Commission. Effective October 03, 2013.
- AB 1195 Ch. 272 Public records: crime victims.
- AB 1202 Ch. 678 Occupational safety and health standards: hazardous drugs.
- AB 1213 Ch. 748 Bobcat Protection Act of 2013.
- AB 1215 Ch. 199 Clinical laboratories.
- AB 1217 Ch. 790 Home Care Services Consumer Protection Act. Selected or all provisions operative January 1, 2015. Bill may contain other operative provisions.
- AB 1218 Ch. 189 California State Auditor: duties.
- AB 1220 Ch. 433 Consumer credit reporting: adverse action.
- AB 1222 Ch. 527 * Public employees' retirement: collective bargaining: transit workers: transportation. Effective October 04, 2013.
- AB 1226 Ch. 434 * Horse racing: jockey riding fees. Effective September 30, 2013.
- AB 1232 Ch. 679 Developmental services: quality assessment system.
- AB 1233 Ch. 306 * Medi-Cal: Administrative Claiming process. Effective September 09, 2013.
- AB 1236 Ch. 114 Contractors: limited liability companies.
- AB 1245 Ch. 462 * Tribal gaming: compact ratification. Effective October 01, 2013.
- AB 1247 Ch. 537 * Business investments: Small Business Financial Assistance Act of 2013. Effective October 04, 2013.
- AB 1248 Ch. 190 Controller: internal control guidelines applicable to local agencies.
- AB 1250 Ch. 19 Privileged communications: official information: identity of informer.
- AB 1252 Ch. 556 Retail food safety.
(Laws marked with an * went into effect prior to 2014.)
Miss a Segment?
Follow the entire series online at New California Laws for 2014